Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rain so far.

Eastern appanoose county southern iowa and very very dry!! Sounds impossible but keeps missing my area !!!!! Going to have to start watering my new tree plantings.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
bc693b58643c407619fe8a28046bb94b.jpg

Eastern appanoose county southern iowa and very very dry!! Sounds impossible but keeps missing my area !!!!! Going to have to start watering my new tree plantings.

bc693b58643c407619fe8a28046bb94b.jpg
We are still doing OK this year a little east of you, but adequate rainfall is a really elusive commodity for us in many years. It just seems nuts that 150 miles away things are radically flooded.

Dumped three tenths out of the rain gauge this morning. This keeps up and we are looking at a decent crop, ag and garden.

Sad for northern Iowa. We had the “training rain events” back in the 2008 floods in our area. The wet ground helps trigger future storms, a vicious cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems last couple of yrs the opposite is possible? Its so dry in our area you can watch rain heading our way and just fizzle out or split around area because its so dry sucks all the moisture right out???

It seems last couple of yrs the opposite is possible? Its so dry in our area you can watch rain heading our way and just fizzle out or split around area because its so dry sucks all the moisture right out???

That's what we experienced last year during the drought, watching storms on radar fade away as they approached over dry dirt.

I live and farm right near the NE corner of Lake Red Rock and have always thought that rain either faded away when it hit the lake or the storm splits and goes right around us on both sides.

I'm gonna fertilize and dig in 2 1/2 acre plots today to get ready for brassicas late July.
The 2 plots are finally dry enough to do it.

Same here. I don't know what it is about I35, but last year it seemed the interstate killed most systems either right at or shortly past it.
One of the State DOT told me that at 35 and 90 you could always count on storms splitting. He had a theory it was the heat from traffic. Last year when we got zero rain, sure enough that’s what always happened.

That's a cool Pic 83.

This time last year, we couldn't buy a drop of rain.
Now it's " please God, shut off the faucets ".

Had a 70 mph + winds here last week. Ripped out many of my pumpkin plants.
Mice also invaded and dug up seeds.
Never had that problem before.

This foodplotting stuff can be stressful. Lol.

I had a lot of heavy rain and some hail last night in Decatur co. I'm going to check plots this morning to see if the hail did any damage..

The hail did bend 20% of my corn stalks over and a lot of the leaves have holes in them..Anyone seen the stalks straighten back up on their own if they are bent 45 degrees or so?

Last edited:
Top Bottom