Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rain

Not selling,,wife likes the place. I,,have less and less apeal for it. It does seem to be the driest spot in Iowa.When every where was flooding,,it was wet, but as that has passed, it has been a battle to keep all the trees I planted watered. Getting tired. Don't think I would ever consider living there permanently anymore.

Kind of sucks to have a place that you really do not like.

I have been battling the dryness for the last two to three years also

but only know it is a cycle. I will take what I can get and just enjoy

whatever is thrown my way. The deer will still be there.

Good luck with the rain. When it does rain and good we all expect to

see a smile. :D

This morning Weather Service said best chance of rain,,and maybe inch or more looked like highway 34 and south,,Yay,,I was sceptical. Tonight ,,more like I figured,,now maps show best chance,,,,I-80 North. I figured. I have been studying this since I came to Iowa, 8 yrs ago. Keeping records,,and in Summer months,,SE IA,,at least my little area, always has the hardest time keeping rain together as it comes. Many will say I am imagining things but my records don't lie. I am getting paranoid, and don't care so much about the deer,,as all the trees and plants I have planted,,I 'd like to see grow to maturity. I grew stuff up in N Mich,,where most would think not the best growing area,,but fruit trees did much better up there. It was dry in summer,,but the area was adapted to it with not so much water loving plants like southern IA. Oh well, you guys from I-80 north,,get ready for more blessing!

I80 North is storm alley!! Always has been! Rain,Snow, Ice,!! Nothing new!! Funny thing is.....Alot of folk are about to get schooled on how much the price of grain run's this country!! :thrwrck:

Glad someone else agrees with me! I have noticed that since I came to Iowa, and watched the radar, year after year. As I say,,I have land in SE Iowa, but I also work and live north of I-80. So I have had the opportunity to compare both areas on a weekly basis. I know, and am sure,,there are palces north that get dry,, especially NW,,,and are probably dry now,,but your chances of moisture are greater up here, than South and SE,,especially in the Summer with thunder Strms,,and yes winter storms too. This Sunday may be another example,,hope it turns south though..

O joy. Nice hit on Albia area this morning. Anyone know if any of the corn fields in Appanoose completely died out?

We are getting the storm remnants in the Chicago burbs right now. The corn here has held on, but stunted. Not as bad as 1988.

Top Bottom