Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rain

Zim

OMG I know it will be sucked up like a sponge, but I actually saw green on the radar in Appanoose County! I think it was a shock for the Weather.com computer though. The map-in-motion feature was broken.

It sprinkled last night and was sprinkling/raining again this morning here in Des Moines. I think my grass is gonna start growing again..... CRAP!!!

It rained really good this morning near Cedar Rapids and we got a nice storm last Friday. 2 good rains within a week, good stuff!

Looks like the turnips we put in yesterday caught a nice little downpour this morning. They'll need more, but it should be enough to get them started :way:

NWBuck

Complaining old me again,,but last Sat,,only .28 on parched dust,,,then,,Wed morn,,.2, while rain was all over the map. Wed afternoon big complex riding along I-80,,another dropping twards KC-Mo. One on I-80 tried. Got down I-63 to Pella,then all died. -0-. Been early June since anymore than a 1/4 inch at one time!

Complaining old me again,,but last Sat,,only .28 on parched dust,,,then,,Wed morn,,.2, while rain was all over the map. Wed afternoon big complex riding along I-80,,another dropping twards KC-Mo. One on I-80 tried. Got down I-63 to Pella,then all died. -0-. Been early June since anymore than a 1/4 inch at one time!

Better than nothing IMO.

Not really,,only dampens dust and perks up golden Rod. I need a good inch. Last time even up to 1/2" was back in begining of June. Wonder Where is the DRIEST SPOT IN IOWA? Bet my area is hard to beat. I heard on the radio yearly deficits,,sounded like Burlington was worst with 10 inch deficit for the year so far. So,,,,,who thinks they are the driest in IOWA? Send in your statistics.

Not really,,only dampens dust and perks up golden Rod. I need a good inch. Last time even up to 1/2" was back in begining of June. Wonder Where is the DRIEST SPOT IN IOWA? Bet my area is hard to beat. I heard on the radio yearly deficits,,sounded like Burlington was worst with 10 inch deficit for the year so far. So,,,,,who thinks they are the driest in IOWA? Send in your statistics.

Well sounds like you have a problem then.

Even though I am dry I appreciate every drop I can get.

It will change has to. If you do not think so maybe selling and finding

Something somewhere where it rains is more for you?

I just thank the man above for all I have got. They are only deer

And food plots. :way:

1.5" saturday, .2" yesterday, .23" today.... i think we may be finally building up a little ground moisture in the Muscatine area.. tomorrow is suppose to be cool so should help what we got this evening soak in a little.

1.5" saturday, .2" yesterday, .23" today.... i think we may be finally building up a little ground moisture in the Muscatine area.. tomorrow is suppose to be cool so should help what we got this evening soak in a little.

And it was raining like a bigdog there about a hour ago!! So If the crop ground along the bypass will substain all the Iowa
crops!! We are saved!!!!!:D:way:

And it was raining like a bigdog there about a hour ago!! So If the crop ground along the bypass will substain all the Iowa
crops!! We are saved!!!!!:D:way:

As dry as it has been, i wouldnt be surprised if this is marked down as one of the highest yielding crop years around the muscatine/fruitland area... that is, for farmers lucky enough to have irrigators.. they have been able to water as needed while keeping too much rain from draining all of the nitrogen through the sandy soil. it will be interesting thats for sure

Not selling,,wife likes the place. I,,have less and less apeal for it. It does seem to be the driest spot in Iowa.When every where was flooding,,it was wet, but as that has passed, it has been a battle to keep all the trees I planted watered. Getting tired. Don't think I would ever consider living there permanently anymore.

Top Bottom