Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rambo Customer Service

JBAGS

Quick back story…. I have a quietkat bike for hunting, used it a couple years now. It works decent, battery life is sub par IMO but it’s OK. Been putting the bike in bed of my truck, it has just became a pain.
Looked for a hitch hauler bike rack , and saw one from Rambo online that was for fat tire bikes, should be good I figured.
Bought early October and used for first hunt. On and off the rack several times on first trip of approx 1000miles total, worked awesome.
Second trip in early November, heading to farm in the dark and notice bike is not on the rack after 100 miles on the road. WTF!!
I pull over, it’s gone. Circle back on highway and find it on side of the median. Banged up, rear wheel off etc
Load in bed of truck to finish my drive. Get to farm and it’s worse than expected. Broke forks, bent rear end, etc, Not rideable for my week long trip. The ratchet clamp on the hitch hauler rack just straight up broke. Wouldn’t latch anymore and caused bike to fall off.

Contact Rambo customer service via email and tell them about owning the rack for 1 month, breaks on second trip and my bike is now trashed and unrideable, all caused by the broken rack. Send video showing broken clamp. They respond back days later and ask for receipt of purchase. I provide from Amazon. They then ask for address where they can send a replacement clamp. I respond with asking for a complete new rack and inquire what they would do to about damage to my bike since it was all caused by they’re rack failure, not my loading or strapping down the bike. No response.
I send another email asking to speak with custom service manager. No response again.
I contact Amazon, of course they are easy to work with and provide refund for broken rack once I tell the story.

Still no response from Rambo at this point. Horrible customer service. I’ve never ridden one of their bikes but I surely wont ever be buying anything from Rambo again.

Tried to upload short video showing broken ratchet clamp on rack but couldn’t figure it out.

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that is not ideal. Was hoping for a feel good story about them replacing the bike. Keep us posted
Agreed. Not a very wise business model. I am out $450 to get my bike fixed but if just 1 person from this site is turned off from buying Rambo brand by reading my story, they are already loosing money overall. Think if they would have stepped up and been great to deal with, I would have written that story instead and probably sold some Rambo brand gear for them.

I've had the exact opposite experience with customer service from Rambo. It has been quite excellent for me. I am a Rambo dealer and have been for about 5 years now, they always get me the parts i need, often even when it is quite obvious that the fault lies in user error by the customer. They are truly one of the best companies i deal with.

I've had the exact opposite experience with customer service from Rambo. It has been quite excellent for me. I am a Rambo dealer and have been for about 5 years now, they always get me the parts i need, often even when it is quite obvious that the fault lies in user error by the customer. They are truly one of the best companies i deal with.
Good to hear that Boyd. Maybe you have a better contact that just the plain old customer service email I have been using off their website?

This is a horror story for anyone wanting or thinking about buying Rambo. They should rectify this immediately. If they don’t - im one consumer that would look at above & say “no way I’ll ever buy Rambo”. Run it up the chain. That’s some horse crap!!!!

I have been in contact with my inside warranty rep at Rambo
- if you will send me your contact info including phone # via PM i will forward it to him
- he told me he will reach out to you

I have been in contact with my inside warranty rep at Rambo
- if you will send me your contact info including phone # via PM i will forward it to him
- he told me he will reach out to you
PM Sent
I appreciate that, thank you

I have a Bakcou and their customer service is outstanding...from both them and ebikegeneration.com (where I purchased). My battery charger quit working at the front end of my rut vacation. ebike got a hold of Bakcou and even though chargers aren't covered by warranty and are on nationwide backorder, I had a charger in my hands in 4 days at no charge!

We also sell the Bakcou bikes here and I would agree their customer service is awesome.
Just got in a new 2022 Step-Thru Mule - awesome bike

Rambo has now moved to IOWA! Customer Service has been outstanding from them.
They are keeping me fully stocked and we have 8 different models of Rambo here in stock, fully assembled and ready to go.

So how did things turn out for the original poster?

At this point, I just received some replacement parts for the bike rack. They have told me they will cover some of the costs to fix the damage to my bike. We will see if that happens or not.
Very slow process but I am making some progress. Will update when I know more.

UPDATE:
Just last week I got a check in the mail for the first set of repairs i have had done so far at a local bike shop.
After those $450 in repairs to make the bike rideable, it still doesn't have power. Rambo has told me to take it to a Cabelas store which is a Quitkat dealer for the remainder of the repairs.
We will see how that goes. Very, very slow process so far but we are getting somewhere. Main reason for the slowness is every person so far that has been helping me with things, all of a sudden will stop responding to emails. Then out of the blue I will get an email from someone else in customer service trying to help out because the previous person no longer works for Rambo.
I am 4 CS reps in now on this same problem from November 2021!

Rambo moved from Minnesota to Southern Iowa this winter so the turnover on people has been a problem due to that,
Does sound like they are stepping up to take care of it though.
We've had excellent customer service from Rambo.

I would be curious to see the a picture of the fail part on the hitch! I have 2 Rambo 750 XPS Carbons bikes and have the Rambo 2 bike hitch hauler you are talking about bought back in 2019. Have made dozens of trips with both bikes on rack. Have never had any issue with anything broke or come loose on the hitch (My only complaint about the hitch is it screws in and then use a clevis through the bolt to keep it from coming out. I wish it would allow a hitch lock) I bought both these bikes, and hitch from Gunrunr He treated me great and gave be a awesome deal.

Last edited:
I would be curious to see the a picture of the fail part on the hitch! I have 2 Rambo 750 XPS Carbons bikes and have the Rambo 2 bike hitch hauler you are talking about bought back in 2019. Have made dozens of trips with both bikes on rack. Have never had any issue with anything broke or come loose on the hitch (My only complaint about the hitch is it screws in and then use a clevis through the bolt to keep it from coming out. I wish it would allow a hitch lock) I bought both these bikes, and hitch from Gunrunr He treated me great and had a gave be a awesome deal.
Thumper, the ratchet like clamp that holds the front tire down stopped grabbing on the notched teeth. Kinda like a stripped out zip tie. I could slide it up and down without it catching on the teeth. Maybe not the best analogy, does that make sense?
I'm not a fan of the through bolt either like you mention

• Deleted by Ishi
Show…
  • Deleted by Ishi
Show…
Top Bottom