Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Regs Dialogue with MDC Director

CWD is a huge issue
I've seen no real evidence of this in any state. CWD plans usually go by the wayside as it's a complete waste of time. Decades ago Michigan, like alot of other states, tried doing the controlled zone thing and sharpshooters. Eventually they gave up. There's more deer there ever now. This same thing has played out in several states. CWD seems to be nothing more than scare tactic to push other agendas such as deer reduction by insurance companies.

Is CWD real? Yes

Meaningful impact on deer numbers or age? I don't beleive it for a second

I
I've seen no real evidence of this in any state. CWD plans usually go by the wayside as it's a complete waste of time. Decades ago Michigan, like alot of other states, tried doing the controlled zone thing and sharpshooters. Eventually they gave up. There's more deer there ever now. This same thing has played out in several states. CWD seems to be nothing more than scare tactic to push other agendas such as deer reduction by insurance companies.

Is CWD real? Yes

Meaningful impact on deer numbers or age? I don't beleive it for a second
My point is each state thinks it a big deal. Individual hunters like yourself may not think that … but they don’t make rules & laws. In Missouri there are areas where you can shoot 10 bucks or more. Note the thread on Habitat Talk.

(I don’t agree with any extra CWD tags. It is stupid. Just making a point that some states go Gonzo over CWD.)

Top Bottom