Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rejuvenated - Aggravated

They get one free pass from me.. After that they take a dirt nap. No time for that BS. It's easy to feel bad but then you realize the pet owners really don't give $hit because if they did they would respect you and do something about it. SSS.

We must have read the same book. One pass is all they get, But I don't save my entire vacation so a damn mutt can ruin everything

have you tried catching them? Then taking them to the local vet/ pound? If they have to keep forking out $fines they might pen them up

in my county, we can cite the owner 200.50 if there dogs are at large like those are. you definitely have all the proof you need i just dont know if Iowa or your county has that. Its a county ordinance citation where i am at in wisconsin..

Go through the necessary chain of command. If this doesn't work then I believe you have every right to eliminate the problem. It is unfortunate but you landowners deserve to enjoy your hard earned properties to the fullest.

I realize money gets tight in a lot of these rural areas, but when my pointer started running around more than I preferred, I bought a wireless fence for $300 and it works wonderfully. tucker now has a full acre to enjoy all day long and he will not cross the invisie boundary without my command. Not tooting my own horn here but just an example of how easy containment can be. It was a 2 week process from time of order to him being fully trained. Done deal.

Go through the necessary chain of command. If this doesn't work then I believe you have every right to eliminate the problem. It is unfortunate but you landowners deserve to enjoy your hard earned properties to the fullest.

I realize money gets tight in a lot of these rural areas, but when my pointer started running around more than I preferred, I bought a wireless fence for $300 and it works wonderfully. tucker now has a full acre to enjoy all day long and he will not cross the invisie boundary without my command. Not tooting my own horn here but just an example of how easy containment can be. It was a 2 week process from time of order to him being fully trained. Done deal.

Since the owners of the dogs have been contacted that will only raise red flags if there dogs just end up dead. Trust me I have family in law enforcement and you will be charged for cruelty to animals if you harm the're dogs intentionally.

Since the owners of the dogs have been contacted that will only raise red flags if there dogs just end up dead. Trust me I have family in law enforcement and you will be charged for cruelty to animals if you harm the're dogs intentionally.

Your assuming they find the dead dogs somewhere or your stupid enough to admit anything. I would not have either of those problems.

A friend of mine has a couple setters that like to run. His neighbor threatened to shoot them if they kept going in his house yard. The sheriff said if they're causing problems on his property then he has the right to shoot them. This was in a rural area.

I am a dog lover and it was tough to get to the point where I would seriously consider shooting one. However, I am also a nature lover and I work very, very hard to create a place where the wildlife can flourish and thrive, to say nothing about the financial end of it. Free running dogs will absolutely wreck the fruits of your labor and disrupt the balance of nature on a farm. It stinks, but with some irresponsible pet owners, you will forever be frustrated unless you take matters into your own hands.

Caveat - If I see a dog on my place that doesn't belong, I will determine where it is coming from. If there is a way to work with the owner, I do so, if there is not, I don't work with the owner, I solve it myself.

I know for a fact if I knew or found out that someone killed my dogs I would be going to prison for murder. Yes I'm a hunter but to know some people out there would go to that extent just reminds me of why we don't lease or allow other hunters to hunt our land.

I live in the middle of prime hunting, and I hunt my self. I have multiple large dogs. I also have an acreage fenced with 2 x4 ..4 high fence. I would absolutely have a heart attack if one of mine escaped. They don't get let out till after 8-9 in the morning, and they go back in their large kennels usually by 4 pm . I go to great length to make sure they don't bother any one.

I'd have to look it up again but, I do believe, Iowa law says, if the dog is on your land and creating a nusiance you have the right to take action. Look up Iowa law.

I know for a fact if I knew or found out that someone killed my dogs I would be going to prison for murder. Yes I'm a hunter but to know some people out there would go to that extent just reminds me of why we don't lease or allow other hunters to hunt our land.

So you are willing to kill humans in certain circumstances, but someone else that would kill stray, marauding dogs is bad. Did I get that right?

Am I to understand that your ethics are superior to mine?

Then keep your dogs locked up or buy a fence. I'm sure 99% of us on here own dogs. People are sure big talkers on their computers.

That's the difference between you and people who allow their dogs to run free. You actually care about your pets so I'm assuming you keep track of them. The people who don't care allow them to run and usually don't care when they go missing.

I think your taking the concept the wrong way. I hear people saying that if they have a dog issue they would first try to work with whoever owns the dogs. If that person so chooses to not take care of their animals running then the issue gets solved in the fashion you find unacceptable. I'm a dog lover myself but if I had talked to the owner multiple times and the issue wasn't fixed then my options are limited. Obviously Iowa's laws are written in such a way that allows for this to be a major issue. It's not the animals fault, but I also know that once a dog starts running animals they will never be broken of the habit. There's also a difference between a wondering dog and a deer running dog. Some dogs just go for walks so to speak and never really bother anything. If a dog is bailing and running deer that's a different issue.

That's the difference between you and people who allow their dogs to run free. You actually care about your pets so I'm assuming you keep track of them. The people who don't care allow them to run and usually don't care when they go missing.

Your right. My dogs go out run a fenced in yard for a few hours then they are inside... My dogs are also chipped licensed and always have a harness on when outside.

Then keep your dogs locked up or buy a fence. I'm sure 99% of us on here own dogs. People are sure big talkers on their computers.

Computers or not I will protect my dogs at all cost.

Top Bottom