Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut Action/Movement Reports

Had a 2 year old and a forkie pushing the girls around this morning. Nine point 2 yr old worked a scrape I was hunting, 10 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From roughly 7am to 11am yesterday, I had nine different bucks and six does either chasing or cruising the area in southern Warren county. Most movement I had seen for the week. Bad thing is I had to come back to work today. Will be back at it next weekend.

Was regretting having vacation today with it being hot. I think the big boys are locked with the first hot does. I happened to watch a pair in the crp and put the slip on

I watched a big 6 point breed a doe a couple of times this morning. They were standing in Indian Creek in Cedar Rapids, right in town. Pardon the grainy pic, I took it out of my truck window while sitting on the side of the road. Let's just say that he was...preoccupied! He was wider than his ears, not a bad buck!

6 point buck CR.jpg

Back out Thursday am. This is exactly what I personally want & a lot of old deer gonna be on feet these days!!
IMG_6718.jpeg

• Deleted by Sligh1
Show…
11/11 has a special place in my deer hunting heart. I’ll definitely be all day this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched a big 6 point breed a doe a couple of times this morning. They were standing in Indian Creek in Cedar Rapids, right in town. Pardon the grainy pic, I took it out of my truck window while sitting on the side of the road. Let's just say that he was...preoccupied! He was wider than his ears, not a bad buck!

View attachment 126240
Yup, I passed a 3 yr old chasing a doe right down the bicycle lane on O Ave this evening, pretty close to Methwick. They were holding their lane nicely, no swerving so I don't suspect any alcohol was involved. Just a little jacked up on testosterone I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom