Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SF 255- more OUTFITTER TAGS!!!

It’s obvious that it’s directed at a select few. Only outfitters that were registered before July of 22 are eligible. I have no idea how many that actually is but I’d guess not many. I’d bet that it is the same few that get the governors tags.

If someone knows where to look and see how many registered outfitters there are in the state, post up a link or let us know. Even if there are only 50, that would be 10 guaranteed tags ea that would bring big $$$

It’s obvious that it’s directed at a select few. Only outfitters that were registered before July of 22 are eligible. I have no idea how many that actually is but I’d guess not many. I’d bet that it is the same few that get the governors tags.

If someone knows where to look and see how many registered outfitters there are in the state, post up a link or let us know. Even if there are only 50, that would be 10 guaranteed tags ea that would bring big $$$
I don’t think they even have to register in Iowa so there isn’t any record of how many or where they are. These bills are ludicrous. All about the Benjamin's.

I don’t think they even have to register in Iowa so there isn’t any record of how many or where they are. These bills are ludicrous. All about the Benjamin's.
They aren’t required to register but some have. I’m guessing that’s why the “registered prior to” clause is in there. It would be a gold mine for the select few that are registered. They wouldn’t want to pass it and have 500 people sign up as outfitters so their friends, family, or whoever were guaranteed a tag. It’s less than $100 I to register I think. I know I could sell at least 1 tag a year if it was guaranteed.

You can look them up here: https://sos.iowa.gov/search/business/search.aspx

If you know somebody that sells hunts, just punch in the name and see if they’re registered. I see one of our bigger ones is listed but it looks like it was dissolved shortly after for some missing paperwork. Idk though because it also says it’s active.

Regardless, it’s a money grab for a select few as written.

They aren’t required to register but some have. I’m guessing that’s why the “registered prior to” clause is in there. It would be a gold mine for the select few that are registered. They wouldn’t want to pass it and have 500 people sign up as outfitters so their friends, family, or whoever were guaranteed a tag. It’s less than $100 I to register I think. I know I could sell at least 1 tag a year if it was guaranteed.

If you know somebody that sells hunts, just punch in the name and see if they’re registered. I see one of our bigger ones is listed but it looks like it was dissolved shortly after for some missing paperwork. Idk though because it also says it’s active.

Regardless, it’s a money grab for a select few as written

Regardless, it’s a money grab for a select few as written.
Hmm well so anyone who is registered as an LLC qualifies or is it a specific registration? I’m not seeing it just the entity lookup.

The lack of any Licensing or Regulations is one of stronger points in stopping this Bill. The other point made was this would allow NonResident hunters who hunt with Outfitters to jump to the front of the line ahead of everyone else with preference points. It was great to meet Phil Jeneary who is definitely the right lobbyist for the job. I really thought Skip was going to ask Vivek his position on Crossbows.

Hmm well so anyone who is registered as an LLC qualifies or is it a specific registration? I’m not seeing it just the entity lookup.
If you know the name of an outfitter, enter the name. If he’s registered, you’ll see the details. I don’t know of any way to search for “outfitters” as a specific business.

And the Outfitter Tag Bill OFFICIALLY BITES THE DUST!!! So long scumbags!!!!
The lesson may have to be learned the hard way: u try to exploit iowa for your own selfish interests…. U poked the wrong sleeping bears. We ain’t a corrupt sell out state & iowa isn’t for sale!!!!

***& next on the list…. This disastrous bill for “i want tags for those that identify as my NR family members”. As stated before!!!!……. They already can hunt !!!!!! Party hunt with those family members & transfer tags. Small game, turkey & predator hunting. & draw late ML tag yearly or every other year for ML or bow hunting 3 weeks out of the year. Let’s remember: these are for NR’s that can already hunt here, don’t vote here & are citizens of other states that have- more deer & more habitat than iowa!!!!!

And the Outfitter Tags BITE THE DUST OFFICIALLY!!! So long!!! The lesson may have to be learned the hard way: u try to exploit iowa for your own selfish interests…. U poked the wrong sleeping bears. We ain’t a corrupt sell out state & iowa isn’t for sale!!!!

***& next on the list…. This disastrous bill for “i want tags for those that identify as my NR family members”. As stated before!!!!……. They already can hunt !!!!!! Party hunt with those family members & transfer tags. Small game, turkey & predator hunting. & draw late ML tag yearly or every other year for ML or bow hunting 3 weeks out of the year. Let’s remember: these are for NR’s that can already hunt here, don’t vote here & are citizens of other states that have- more deer & more habitat than iowa!!!!!
Awesome work, and lets hope we can get the next one shut down.

IMG_7218.jpeg

Action: funds to IBA for their lobbyist & iowa sportsman’s club. Either or both. Link here. Can send in funds easily. All details here. Anyone else- this is the ACTION that will win. This directly goes to the cause. Best $ that’s at work DAILY as we speak. For sure need & appreciate anyone’s help…

Thanks for the info. Just signed up for lifetime membership of IBA. I will also sign up for Iowa sportsman club.
Appreciate everything you do.

Just being a smart a** here. So if this had passed, I could have registered as an outfitter to get out of state tags for my friends in Michigan?

Just being a smart a** here. So if this had passed, I could have registered as an outfitter to get out of state tags for my friends in Michigan?

Nope. Only someone “registered and maintained since prior to July 2022”. That little clause would give a very select few all of the benefit ($$$). If they were to pass something like this, imagine the amount of “outfitters” we’d have. I’d register to get a guaranteed tag worth who knows how much. They’d have to institute a draw system for those tags too.

Hmmmm. Interesting. I did say at the capital …. “If this passes, I’m registering as an outfitter!” I know guys that pay $30k for the charity tags. Heck, I’ll pay them $1 to outfit/lease their ground. Then, I’ll sell the my outfitter tag for $20k. Save em $10k!!!! It was the dumbest thing u could come up with. But…. All these special interest bills are lunacy!!!…..

The logic & facts behind them (if it we were to believe it’s NOT about only $$$$$ or ME ME ME) is: these folks must be a combination of…. Inbred first cousins or closer. Kids who huffed paint & gas in parents garage. Were thrown down a flight of stairs with brain swelling & multiple concussions. On the Special Olympics Legislative Bill writing team. OR…. Joe Biden is behind them. U can’t make this stuff up how crazy the logic is on all the exploitive bills!!!
Nope. Only someone “registered and maintained since prior to July 2022”. That little clause would give a very select few all of the benefit ($$$). If they were to pass something like this, imagine the amount of “outfitters” we’d have. I’d register to get a guaranteed tag worth who knows how much. They’d have to institute a draw system for those tags too.
I did not catch that part!!! It was asked in subcommittee meeting & no one knew the answer. Not even the legislator that put it up. I need to reread it.

This topic made it to Randy Newbergs Fresh Tracks episode 60 on YouTube yesterday..
worth a listen many great points made! He really advocated for the residents of IA and really every resident in our outdoor community! Share with others to educate! The whole show is worth a listen but this topic starts at 7:06

Click Here For Episode

IMG_8277.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom