Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

She Thinks My Tractors Sexy!

dbltree

Super Moderator
It really turns her on
She's always staring at me
While I'm chuggin along
She likes the way it's pullin' while we're tillin' up the land
She's even kind of crazy 'bout my farmer's tan
She's the only one who really understands what gets me

Me sleeping in my Dad's lap in 1958...my love affair with tractors and the land started early! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif
DadandI1958.jpg

That's not really me...I'm MUCH better looking /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

AC5040.jpg

My Baby! "If it runs like a Deere man her eye's light up! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

JD790.jpg

Silly song maybe but it pretty much covers two loves in my life. I can't count all the tractors I've farmed with since I was a boy...but there's only been "one who really understands what gets me"...but why does she have to tell everyone its HER tractor!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

If you love the land, tractors and hunting...you best have someone that understands that part of you /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

What are you "food plottin" with?

Those are some neat pics, and what a great idea for a post. I'll try to get some pics of my old AC. She's my first tractor, a D-17 early 60's model. I usually find some excuse to fire her up every time I go out to the farm, and yes, she DOES think my tractors sexy! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I grew up an Air Force brat and never sat on a tractor until I met my wife.

I finally bought my first tractor two weeks ago and have found a way to start it up almost everyday. And oddly enough my wife was singing that song they day we brought it home /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Its not a big one, but it gets the job done.
298JD1897a.jpg

mole

You've seen pics of my other tractor, the one driven by a little old pharmer only on weekeds. Here is a pic of a tractor I bought for "parts". I paid 500 for it in 1993. I put a new head gasket on it that year and a rebuilt low pressure or "boost" pump on it this year and its been the most dependable tractor I've had and I have had about 10. Most were tractors I was gonna restore. Common sense finally took over and I'm down to three. Two for "work" and one for "play". The play tractor is the only tractor I've restored. Its an early 40s Oliver 60 that is good for nuthin but tractor shows and collecting dust in the barn. He too needs to move on down the road.
269Preping_field_012.jpg

I'm pullin an Oliver 2-16 trip plow. I'm reaching back getting ready to pull the trip rope. The tractor isn't much to look at but it gets the job done.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its not a big one, but it gets the job done. </div></div>

That's what I keep telling my wife...but I'm not letting her see a pic of Pharmers tractor cause I think she's into that "size matters" thing /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Bonker - that pic brings back memories! I think we had a Oliver 77 with a 2 bottom trip plow! Spent a lot hours plowing with that setup! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

This isn't a tractor, but I sure use it alot.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com

I'm pulling an iron wheeled JD 4 bar side rake. The pic is blurry because my wife was aways back and zoomed in, plus I was going about 8mph. Made for some very fluffy windrows and very loud clatter from the rake.

The 'Bonker

OK, What the heck went wrong with that photo?

Heres a pic of my fathers Minneapolis Moline M602 propane. He just finished restoring an MM G704 front wheel assist.
He used to have a Cockshutt Gambles Farmcrest 30 in near perfect condition, then sold it when he moved.
464mm_602-med.jpg

This is the first tractor I purchased, about 15 years ago. It is a Farmall 560 gas. I bought it from a gentleman who was a mechanic at the International dealership in the town I was raised in. He had rebuilt the motor, putting in heavy duty oversized pistons. It was manufactured in 1962, the year I was born. I would really like to get something with a three point hitch, as this only has a swinging draw bar. I just sold my IH 1066 which was a little oversized for the three point fence post auger, but it got the job done.
MDGC0148.JPG

Ok, so RBB is the only guy with a smaller tractor than me. Lucky my wife isnt into that size thing yet. Its a '80 International 284 gas, the day after we got done repainting it, and just before I started wearing all that new paint off. It's a little small but so far it seems to have alot of heart. Needs some ag tires or chains but since according to the wife its purpose is for mowing, so the turf tires fit for now.

997stuff_002_2_-med.jpg

Mole, I looked at your tractor a bunch of times on the lot, that thing is like new. I would have already owned it but it was a tad more than the wife wanted to spend. I bet you'll love that thing.

Great pics guys! Kinda fun to see what everybody is "farmin" with
smile.gif
Lot of guys putting in their food plots with ATVs which can be little tough. Most wish they had a tractor...ANY tractor...and if you have a tractor then a bigger one would be nice, maybe a loader...and then a cab...AC, heat and CD player
waytogo.gif
We all have different size budgets and tractors but I'll bet we all have one thing in common...when we're out there "chuggin along"...well...it just feels good!
smile.gif

Took two years to get the motor overhauled (don't ask me why
confused.gif
) and then we had to remember how/where everything was and went.
crazy.gif

Was interesting to say the least...

BitsnPieces.jpg

Nuthin' like bits n pieces!

FrontWheels.jpg

April2007AliceRebuild.jpg

Getting the motor in and getting it running are two different things...you know how many places mice can build nests??
blush.gif
grin.gif

Motorin.jpg

Still some floatin' in the radiator but it sure feels nice to hear "Alice" purring again!
cool.gif

5040ACbackingear.jpg

Anybody have a new/old tractor to show off?

Sometimes you tell dad that you know the field is too wet, and he doesn't believe you!
7523stuck3.jpg

this is what i call bein "knee deep" haha
7523stuck.jpg

i also squeeze this little honey into my food plots for for tillage...it gets the job done!

P1010260.jpg

Don't know what happened to the text in the last post, but it's a 1963 D17 with my home-made sprayer. I've added electronic ign, 12v neg ground w/ alt and a new HD cluch. Brakes are on the list to do this winter. I love a day in the seat of this thing, it's as much fun as bow hunting! : )

Top Bottom