Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shotgun 1&2

What do you guys shoot?

I shoot the Savage 220 with Nikon BDC

What do you guys shoot? A little feedback on your set up.
I've had great luck with my Mossberg 695 12ga bolt gun. I'm going to try out my new 450BM AR this season. Good luck to you all!
74682bb623a1c2b7a9049b22b574a822.jpg
98352afe2291ee1e82f224577e9624ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

SR4.JPG Single-shot Rossi slug gun with rifled and ported barrel. I run a cheap Barska Colorado 3-9 x 40 rifle scope on it. 3" Remington Copper Solid sabot slugs.

It's only been fired three times during the actual season. All three were one-shot kills.

Rossi-Pic1.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. That's a lot better than 30!

Any thoughts on how they are compared to the old Feds? I like copper slugs.

I shot a H and R 12GA , light out man . Best shooting gun I ever owned.. Pumping SST's out of it..

I also shoot the savage 220 with Nikon BDC. VERY accurate gun and shoots like a rifle. Only complaint is sometimes the shells get hung up when trying to eject it.

I also shoot the savage 220 with Nikon BDC. VERY accurate gun and shoots like a rifle. Only complaint is sometimes the shells get hung up when trying to eject it.
Have you noticed the hang ups on 3" and 2 3/4 ? If the 220 is even chambered for both

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Have you noticed the hang ups on 3" and 2 3/4 ? If the 220 is even chambered for both

I have only noticed it on the 2 3/4. Have not tried 3”. I have only had the gun a couple years. Remington accutips is the bullet I’m shooting.

I shoot 3" Accutips and had it hang up a couple of times while unloading. I read elsewhere you need to be firm with the bolt to avoid that from happening. I didn't have any issues while hunting, must've been the adrenaline.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I have an older 212 (I think that's the model, 12 ga, doesn't have the removeable magazine). I had hangup issues when using 2 3/4" and found recommendations to use 3". Switched and will say that I believe I have fewer issues. Not zero, but less. Not sure if I don't always throw the bolt the same way, tilt the gun (if that would have anything to do with it), or if the shell catches my scope mount.

Happens to me as well, I didn't fire a shot for Shotgun 1, but I sure saw a lot of deer, super fun!

Mossberg 500 20ga with a rifled cantilever barrel and a Bushnell 1.5-4 scope. I'm coming back to primarily shotgun only after growing up in Michigan's shotgun zone but moving to rifle friendly states. Its put a few deer down but its been awhile. practice with it prior to season was the first time I've pulled the trigger on it in 8yrs. Its like an old friend though, I've spent a lot of time in the woods with it. Next year I'd like to get a 450BM setup for some better range.

Top Bottom