Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shotgun Brute w/ mount pics

doublerack

There is a lot of history behind this buck, so I will try to make it short. In 2003 my uncle shot this buck. At that time, he had a wider spread and longer tines. Only problem was, he only pulled the trigger 1 time. At 100 yards with a 20ga, the shoulder hit was not enough to drop this brute. We tracked him for 2 days that year, and never found him and he went out of sight for the next three years. Then on Monday Dec 4th, in the exact same location my uncle shot him, he met his demise at the end of my Rem 1100. He lost some tine lenght, but gained mass like you wouldn't believe. Over 40" of it! When we caped him out, we found my uncles 20 ga slug. It had barely penetrated the hide and had fat grown over it. He would have been a 16 point, but broke 4 off. Still, no complaints here. Great way to wrap up my 2006 search for big bucks!
605206SG5.JPG

6052tim_huff_buck2_029.jpg

Thanks to Doug Graham for taking the harvist pics

Re: Shotgun Brute

Massive brute! Congrats!

Ideas on why the 20 gauge didn't get better penetration? Hit a tree?

Sorry, reread it! At 100 yards, it might have been running out of gas on such a brute.

Great buck - congrats on the harvest

[ QUOTE ]
At 100 yards, it might have been running out of gas on such a brute.

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

These pictures don't do it justice. The buck is an absolute brute! Congrats again buddy on a great deer and one heck of a season.
waytogo.gif

Awesome buck! Way to put a fork in him and call him "done". What a history, that is just plain cool.

Out of sight for three years, now that is interesting. It's amazing what these big boys do to survive.

Great buck, congrats!

Man I love seein' big ol' f-ing horns on the ground, I don't care who shoots em, I love it. Congrats man, hell of a buck.

Top Bottom