Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Soil test

Fishbonker

Life Member
I'm not sure if this has been covered or not.

I needed to send off a soil test so I looked on Biologic and Tecomate sites. I down loaded the Bilogic form and read it. Went to Tecomate, down loaded their form and read it. The wording seemed quite similar to Biologic. Further reaserched showed both Biologic and Teomate shared the same address and phone number for their soil test. The only difference was Biologic charged $7.95 and Tecomate charged $9.95. I went with Biologic.

I filled out the form this AM after I got off work, but some dirt that I collectd a few days ago in a baggie and asked my wife go to the post office to send it off while I slept. I've asked her to do alot of things that she thought were a little differnt, but sending dirt in the mail musta been the capper. "Now let me get this straight, you want me to go to the post office, buy a padded envelope to send some dirt to some lab so they can tell you your dirt is, uh, dirt?" "Yup". She just did that wifely head shake and I went to bed.

Don't ask me why, but this evening when I was in the shower getting ready to come back to work, it dawned on me that I didn't fill in the field number on the soil test form. I think when I call them on Monday I'll ask why there is a difference in price.

The 'Bonker

Wheeeeeeeeeew! I thought this was going to be another one of Bonkers story that we were going to read about in the IBA Newsletter.

I thought grandpa was going to be put to the test
grin.gif

On the soil test, what was the charge the NRCS was going to charge or one of those local gov't agencies?

[ QUOTE ]
"Now let me get this straight, you want me to go to the post office, buy a padded envelope to send some dirt to some lab so they can tell you your dirt is, uh, dirt?

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif

All the soil tests most likely got to a few nationally known labs.

The ag supply places don't charge anything if you buy your products there.

I think the loacl ISU extension agent will charge about 10 bucks.

Let us know what the test results are.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Now let me get this straight, you want me to go to the post office, buy a padded envelope to send some dirt to some lab so they can tell you your dirt is, uh, dirt?

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif

All the soil tests most likely got to a few nationally known labs.

The ag supply places don't charge anything if you buy your products there.

[/ QUOTE ]

We will send your soil test off if you don't buy products from us also. Its 7.00 dollars per sample.

Top Bottom