Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Some advice for a young buck?

Hi Whiskey:

I graduated from Palmer in 1992. I used to go down to Moline. There was a bow shop by the movie theatre. I forgot the name of the shop but they had a good selection of bows and equipment. I was there last summer and the guys are pretty good. They won't tell you of any good spots.

I was lucky enough to get permission from two farmers who bordered Scott County Park. I missed more damn monsters than I care to remember. Finally tagged a couple. Most of those farmers will let you shed hunt. Go early and you will find some hummers. If you can get permission up there, you are in heaven. Talk to the radiology teacher, Bucky Percocco he hunts up there. Don't take any shooting advice from him. Tell him I said so.

We shot a number of deer on public ground as well. Weasy Slough isn't far from there as well as a couple others that fail my memory.

Good luck on your journey and good luck in school, those were some of the best days of my life.

Joe

Top Bottom