Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spook Spann in trouble?

Well if its in the paper and those are actually the fines that were wrote he will have to pay it all. Usually when they put it in the paper the defendant has already plead guilty unless otherwise noted. If its already through the court system and he plead guilty or was found guilty he will have to pay every fine he was guilty of.

I didnt hear about this going to court and atleast he has the respect to oleada guilty and pay the fines.

In Iowa, the only land considered land owners (if you don't own) is for farmers leasing ground for farming. Can anyone back me on this?

Todd there is also a tenet portion. Meaning if you are helping work the land you can qualify for the tag even if you don't own it. Just have to be making the decisions on the farm. Not real versed in that portion of it though.

I have never watched his show, and after reading his facebook post, I'll make sure I never do. I for one am insulted he thinks he can BS us about puchasing the right tag.

He honestly didn't think that he broke a law. He owns a large piece of ground here in KS, the buck the he killed he had been hunting but he kept seeing it on the neighbors property 100 yards away. He approached the land owner and paid him to hunt the land for Bow season. I guess that he didn't realize that the "Lease" did not have a set amount of land, you must own 80 acres to be considered a "Land owner." He owns more than this but the lease did not declare an amount of land. He came back to KS after being questioned because of jealous neighbors. He plead guilty and accepted punishment. But once you plead guilty to that charge the went after him for the "Lacy Act." Which is a federal law that enforces illegally harvest game from being taken across state lines. That is where the 10,000 dollar fine came in. Honestly it is all a bunch of crap, Ted Nugent is in the same type of deal right now with California. It sucks that people look down on him because of it now! Most people have no idea what really happened....

He honestly didn't think that he broke a law. He owns a large piece of ground here in KS, the buck the he killed he had been hunting but he kept seeing it on the neighbors property 100 yards away. He approached the land owner and paid him to hunt the land for Bow season. I guess that he didn't realize that the "Lease" did not have a set amount of land, you must own 80 acres to be considered a "Land owner." He owns more than this but the lease did not declare an amount of land. He came back to KS after being questioned because of jealous neighbors. He plead guilty and accepted punishment. But once you plead guilty to that charge the went after him for the "Lacy Act." Which is a federal law that enforces illegally harvest game from being taken across state lines. That is where the 10,000 dollar fine came in. Honestly it is all a bunch of crap, Ted Nugent is in the same type of deal right now with California. It sucks that people look down on him because of it now! Most people have no idea what really happened....

Ignorance to the law is no excuse....

Ignorance to the law is no excuse....

It wasn't ignorance to the law... The lease did not have a set amount of land on it. You can read the whole book and not see that anywhere... There is not section that tells you how to write an appropriate lease. Many people have a hard time following the rules 100% percent of the time in one state. Try hunting the country... Fact is that once you are in the hunting industry you have a target on your back, and the bigger buck you kill the bigger the target gets. I feel bad for the guy, but most people are going to just hate on him. But the same people the hate are violating laws every year. For instance i just saw that someone on here found a nice buck dead in a creek that had died from EHD. Well "legally" you can not move a deer without a tag... So legally they should of had a salvage tag before they ever lifted the head out of the creek.... Just saying nobody is perfect.

Last edited:
It wasn't ignorance to the law... The lease did not have a set amount of land on it. You can read the whole book and not see that anywhere... There is not section that tells you how to write an appropriate lease. Many people have a hard time following the rules 100% percent of the time in one state. Try hunting the country... Fact is that once you are in the hunting industry you have a target on your back, and the bigger buck you kill the bigger the target gets. I feel bad for the guy, but most people are going to just hate on him. But the same people the hate are violating laws every year. For instance i just saw that someone on here found a nice buck dead in a creek that had died from EHD. Well "legally" you can not move a deer without a tag... So legally they should of had a salvage tag before they ever lifted the head out of the creek.... Just saying nobody is perfect.

Its like the ole trespasser who states that thought so and so owned the ground or didnt realize where the property line was...face it he saw a giant and it got the best of him...

Leased land regardless of the amount of acres does not count for landowner tags in Kansas, unless you are leasing for agriculture purposes. A hunting lease does not count.

Elvis

Leased land regardless of the amount of acres does not count for landowner tags in Kansas, unless you are leasing for agriculture purposes. A hunting lease does not count.

Elvis
Exactly, and the same goes for Iowa. Actually if you read through the Iowa Hunting Regulations book, you will not see the word lease.

Elvis

And that is exactly why he was charged and knew he was caught. He knew that all along and is playing everyone else to be a fool. He plays the Christian card well on his site though. Interesting that his "followers" felt it necessary to threaten anyone that did not drink his cool-aide. I hope his sponsors all pull the plug on him. He's Scum Spam to me.

Top Bottom