Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Strutters

dbltree

Super Moderator
I'm having a ball with my new trail cams "watching" the strutters!
smile.gif

BossGobblers.jpg

cool.gif
cool.gif

ThePair.jpg

I need to change this P-41 to smaller size pics (apparantly I missed that setting on this cam) because when I downsize the pics they lose some quality.

Toms2.jpg

Still neat as heck though!

not_ripe.gif
not_ripe.gif
not_ripe.gif

TwinRopes.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
great pics. I really like the ones with deer in with the turkeys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think those are pretty cool also
cool.gif

It's amazing what a little patch of rye will do this time of year
smile.gif

DeerandTurkeys.jpg

Notice the tom strutting in the upper left corner.

DeerandTom.jpg

The place is just a "zoo"
grin.gif

BusyPlace.jpg

Thezoo.jpg

Nearly 300 pics in a week with no corn or mineral....

I suspect I won't be bored this turkey season...
wink.gif

"I need to change this P-41 to smaller size pics (apparantly I missed that setting on this cam) because when I downsize the pics they lose some quality."

Paul I am not sure how you are changing the size of your pics. But if you go to microsofts website there are a bunch of free downloads called powertoys and one is for resizing pictures, it is a piece of cake to resize them with this program (you just right click them when they are in a folder and there will be a resize option, click it and then you can set the setting to 4 different sizes). It is really a slick program and the quality seems to hold on really well when using it.

Oh and awesome awesome pics by the way, I think you will have some fun come April 16th

Jarin

[ QUOTE ]
"I need to change this P-41 to smaller size pics (apparantly I missed that setting on this cam) because when I downsize the pics they lose some quality."

Paul I am not sure how you are changing the size of your pics. But if you go to microsofts website there are a bunch of free downloads called powertoys and one is for resizing pictures, it is a piece of cake to resize them with this program (you just right click them when they are in a folder and there will be a resize option, click it and then you can set the setting to 4 different sizes). It is really a slick program and the quality seems to hold on really well when using it.

Oh and awesome awesome pics by the way, I think you will have some fun come April 16th

Jarin

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info Jarin
waytogo.gif

I use IrfanView now but it takes for ever to downize 300 pics!
smirk.gif

I went down and re-set the P-41 this morning so that should take care of that problem.

[ QUOTE ]
BOING!, I mean OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!

The 'Bonker

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd still be a little worried about being in the same DB with Bonker there Muddy...hopefully the only "squawkin" will be from your turkey calls!!
blush.gif
grin.gif

I hate to hijack the thread with techie stuff...but if you're resizing large batches of pictures you need to download Pixresizer.

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Get all the image files into a folder on your computer, point the Pixresizer software at that directory, and choose your size. All the images in that folder will be copied to a separate output folder and resized to your specs.

This is completely free software I've used for years, very handy utility.

Good Photo's Paul!
waytogo.gif

I have a couple of Strutting Zones that I need to get my cams on right away.
smirk.gif

Criminey, talk about your fish in a barrel! I'd almost feel guilty hunting there, sleep in till 8:30, stroll out to the blind, back home by 9:30...

[ QUOTE ]
It could be tough to get a shot off with all those deer in the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, play the wind or those old nags will "blow" your hunting in a hurry! I've had many an old sway back ruin my turkey set up.
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It could be tough to get a shot off with all those deer in the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, play the wind or those old nags will "blow" your hunting in a hurry! I've had many an old sway back ruin my turkey set up.
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Remind me to do a better job of "thinning" this fall!
grin.gif

I set up a couple more cams to figure out for sure which way they are coming from and going too.

Hopefully when they see the Pretty Boy...it'll be all over but the shoutin'
cool.gif

Re: More Strutters

The weather has been lousy to say the least but the birds are still trooping by my cams.
cool.gif

Earlymorningtrio.jpg

I'm thinking all my P-41's are an hour off but still...they are up early!

Upearly.jpg

I'm surprised they don't have that little patch of rye...wore out!
grin.gif

Wandering.jpg

Wandering this way...

thisway.jpg

and that...

andthat.jpg

I set up a tent blind earlier just see if it would change their habits and "test" the deer...guess it's not gonna stop them from dinner
smirk.gif

Unafraid.jpg

I set up another cam right in front of the tent...I think I could have saved some money on decoys and just sat here...
grin.gif

Bossslidinby.jpg

I must have the fresnel lense centered on this one
cool.gif

Gettinadrink.jpg

Looks like it isn't super fast though...this hen almost made it past...

Hen.jpg

Be my luck...I'll be drawing on a boss tom...and "Perry" will be out for a pasture cruise!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Pasturecruise.jpg

Top Bottom