Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tactacam Reveal X

They work well. Slightly smaller than first gen.
There are a couple of minor differences between the two, which I can't recall.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and buying one to try. My nephew stopped by last week and his phone chirped a few times, he said oh, more pics coming through from his Tactacam Reveal 1st generation. He said it takes pictures even when a clouds shadow passes by? He showed me some of the pics it sent, some were decent, but the night pics weren't that great. Do those who run them get a lot of pics of nothing or on windy days? Can you set the PIR sensor lower or would that miss actual game movement pics?

You can adjust the sensitivity, you can also set a delay on super windy days if it’s still triggering. Mine have been running on solar panels all year. And still working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New plot. Funny how they go to the new dirt !
FC255912-0025-4F5A-A44E-8F1A943541D3.jpeg

I'm bought my 1st cellular (Tactacam XB) but don't know what the best settings should be. I've been getting over a hundred false pics every day and night. Looking for advice on settings to minimize false pics, what settings work the best for those who run Tactacams?
Screenshot_20220820-173259_Tactacam Reveal.jpg

I'm bought my 1st cellular (Tactacam XB) but don't know what the best settings should be. I've been getting over a hundred false pics every day and night. Looking for advice on settings to minimize false pics, what settings work the best for those who run Tactacams?
View attachment 122982
Here's my 2 cents. I would get the motion sensitivity lower. Go lower until you get less false pics. I don't know how the X work as I have the originals but I noticed I would get way more pictures if I had them set up on pics coming every 12 or 24 hours. While the first pic was sending it wouldn't be taking other pics. But if it would wait to send id get way more pics

My wife got me 2 of the $100 reveal cams for my birthday and I've been running them for a month and a half now. Hardly any false triggers on mine during that timeframe. I'm actually impressed with the sensitivity to get deer out to 20+ yds and not pick up moving brush. As others have said picture quality you get sent to you is not great; but I'm sure if you actually take the images from the SD card that the quality is better. You can also adjust the megapixels from 8-16 megapixels . The help screen on the settings tab is super helpful in explaining everything.

It sounds like there are some lemon cams that burn batteries for whatever reason, but from what I've heard tactacam takes care of issues pretty well. These cams definitely only use the high speed SD cards (C10, U3, 32 GB) so I ordered a bunch off of Amazon for like $15 a piece. Honestly for $100 it's hard to beat these, I have regular cams for more money that took worse pictures.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have the X and what I thought was false pics turned out to be small birds flying by it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom