Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

thanks giving crunch time without my son

shellie

always look forward to hunting with my son on thanksgiving morning, this year wont happen as he was hurt playing in the semis at the unidome, and goes for knee reconstruction surgery tomorrow.depending on how things go, i may go, but just wont be the same.ive pinned his football button to my camo coat in hopes his sprit will be with me.he wants me to go regardless,he says its time for luck to swing our way, even without him,with tags to fill, ill proably go, and be thankfull for what i have, one great daughter & two boys and a wife that truly understands why we do what we do.my 17 yr old daughter may take his place as she also has the same passion for deer hunting as i do,tell me , i have nothing to be thankfull for? im the luckiest dad in the world!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im the luckiest dad in the world! </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I'm savoring every hunt with my 17 year old son because one day "life" may get in the way of our time together hunting whitetails too. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Makes me look forward to the day my daughter can start going with me. She is only one now but it'll just be a few short years...

I typically spend 30-40 days in the stand with my dad each fall..."attempting" to film. Coming from the "son" perspective, it's what I look forward to the most every year. We live 3hours apart, but we make it happen each year. After listening to father/son stories on here for the past few years, I've realized just how lucky I am.

Rod, I heard about your boy getting hurt during the game. Sorry to hear that he won't be along for the hunt this year.

lance,
thanks, surgery went ok, they found more damage when they got in there, they took a peice of his hamstring, tied it to a metal clasp, drilled a hole thru his knee and pulled it thru and reattached it. the rest was torn cartliage on the knee , and they took that out, and repaired his mcl also. his acl was the worst, may have him back late april for track, just have to see how rehab goes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> After listening to father/son stories on here for the past few years, I've realized just how lucky I am</div></div>

Ifirmly believe there is nothing in the world he'd rather do than to spend time doing something he loves with the little boy he has watched grow into a fine young man. I hope one day I'm following his footsteps and spending time hunting with a son who is away from the nest he grew up in.

ibowbigbucks, nice to see you're keeping life in perspective this deer season. May his recovery go well and your Thanksgiving lead the way in good times with family.

saskguy,
thanks for the well wishes,i used to think thanksgiving was just another day, dont get me wrong, ive always been thankfull for what i have , but when things happen to our kids- family-, brings alot more things in prespective!what i thought was important to me monthes back, isnt important to me today.he ask the DR. if he could hunt out of a ground blind, he told him no, complete elevation for three days with a cooler pump, rehab starts the first.proably tougher on ol Dad than son, well just take one day at a time.we taped some good college football games saturday, so tomorrow , well sit together, snack, and enjoy some alone time while my other two are in school, and moms at work.thanks a gain , happy thanksgiving to you and your family.

Top Bottom