Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The biggest non-P&Y buck I've ever seen

ReinertsonTaxidermy

Net score 124" Weighed well over 300 on the hoof. Just picked up by the lucky hunter who got him with his bow the last evening before 1st shotgun season. The mass of this 6 point rack was unreal. The buck was aged at 5-6 years old so he was just a freak. Never a trail cam pic or a shed, classic Iowa River bottom monster buck.

Here he is next to a 3.5 year old 8 point with good mass. The tops of their backs are even.
bothf.jpg

Beams were both over 25" and G2s over 13"
97646276.jpg

He also has a very unique extra white patch. My tannery said this was the biggest cape he can ever remember doing.
11465523.jpg

Went on the biggest form you can buy from any supplier, his head dwarfs every other mount in the shop.
66860174.jpg

lefteye.jpg

Might be a long time before another one like this comes in

Thats a stud! I've got pictures of a deer from last fall that I immediately thought was this one, unfortunately I reviewed and while they're very similar it definately isn't. Thats a cool buck tho!

That is an amazing buck! 124" NET means that the single brow and the single G3 basically were not counted. They would have been included in the GROSS, but the NET score would have eliminated the inches of each of those tines due to there not being a matching G1 and G3. SO.....if the G3 and the G1 would have both been broken off or non-existent, you would still have a 124" NET 4-pt.!!! That's insane!!

Inches don't always tell the story. Helluva trophy! Your taxi work has captured his majesty and attitude very well. Good job!

AWESOME buck and if there's a hunter out there that wouldn't be thrilled with him because of what it "scores" then they need not continue hunting! Congrats to the lucky hunter that shot him!!

Inches don't always tell the story. Helluva trophy! Your taxi work has captured his majesty and attitude very well. Good job!

Thank you sir, be on the lookout for a picture tomorrow evening of a pissed off looking buck. I went to mount him last weekend and discovered my Pro1 hide paste had mold, not a good way to start a mount. Been one of those weeks, happy to get back to my 2nd job this weekend.

Honestly, the size of his unique rack wasn't what caught my attention, but the quality of your work did. Great stuff. There are so many people out there who do taxidermy, but in my opinion, not that many who do it well. You my friend, do it great. Keep it up!

damn... the biggest one I've seen yet was one I shot back in 2006 that had a 24" measurment 3 inches below the ears.

Crazy thing is there was plenty of slack left in the cape for an easy sew job. I could have built it up a little even. The mount weighs almost twice as much as a regular one. A lot of skin and bone on that guy. The hunter said the hooves were freakishly big, I wish he would have kept them. Think of the sack on that SOB, could have made the wife a purse out of it:D

Thanks for all the comments

Crazy thing is there was plenty of slack left in the cape for an easy sew job. I could have built it up a little even. The mount weighs almost twice as much as a regular one. A lot of skin and bone on that guy. The hunter said the hooves were freakishly big, I wish he would have kept them. Think of the sack on that SOB, could have made the wife a purse out of it:D

Thanks for all the comments
Haha... ive always thought about keeping a bunch of nut sacks and sending them to the tannery and making a set of cornhole bags out of em.. that would definately bring some attention

Top Bottom