Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

three locked bucks

Tomo

Got these pics in an email with the below description. Ohio maybe?

Meigs Co. ODNR Officer... nice Meigs Co. bucks.This is the result of three bucks all fighting for one lady. They had the bank of this creek all tore up. All together I estimated the deer to score well over 400 inches of antler. The biggest one was a massive 6x5, approx 165 inches. the other two were around 130 or so.

Three_Locked_Whitetails_06.jpg

DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0257.jpg

WOW, what a find, sad for the bucks, but these unfortunate incidents do happen.

Last edited:
Neat but sad story at the same time.

Bet thats pretty rare to see 3 of them locked up like that!

The photographer was holding up a jelly doughnut to inspire them! :D

That is crazy though, three nices down the tubes at once.

Probably told him hecould have a donut and get a new "Uncle Fester" haircut on the house! Shave your head........... Makes ya look tough!! :D:D:D:D:moon:

Wow....that's sad.But it is how Mother Nature works sometimes.I assume they cut the heads off because the capes were no good anyway.But I agree...a triple pedistal mount would be awesome.

Looks like such a happy moment for the officers, I kind of viewed it as more of a sad find....

It really bothers me that they are smiling, anyone else bothered by this or am I just crazy?

Looks like such a happy moment for the officers, I kind of viewed it as more of a sad find....

It really bothers me that they are smiling, anyone else bothered by this or am I just crazy?

Mother nature works in mysterious ways and some things have no explanation. I believe these gentlemen are laughing and smiling because they got to be apart of this rare sighting, how many people can say they've found locked bucks let alone 3 of them all together. You can bet your butt that these bucks will get mounted and be a trophy for people to see (hence the zip ties to keep the rack together). I mean let's be honest there is nothing that can be done so no need to be bothered by something like this I'd just be excited to see something like this. Yea its a bummer to see 3 trophies go like this but better in the hands of a CO than some dirt bag who'd be lookin to make a buck off the antlers, just my opinion though, great pictures BTW thanks foe sharing such a rare event.

My bet is that those capes were rotten an unuseable.

That and I am sure trying to extract three entwined, full sized, water logged bucks from a semi-deep creek necessitated some "surgery" to even get them out of there without a crane.

Most people smile for pictures regardless of the situation, kind of a Pavlov's Dog reaction.... As other people have stated, it is sad to think about the dead deer but also kind of cool to be a part of finding them.

I must be missing something here.I don't really see any laughing or smiling.The old guy in the back of the one pic (i assume landowner) looks like someone just burned his house down.The CO is probably happy he doesn't have to do a big poaching investigation.The guy with the shoulder length rubber gloves on is probably smiling because he gets the salvage tags to keep the racks.But I would bet none of those guys are happy to see something like that happen.

Bet you $100 the guy with the long gloves and hip boots found them while checking his traps. They weren't there yesterday when he checked the traps, so they would be pretty fresh. I suppose it would be a heck of a challenge to get them out in one piece so they will have to find new capes for them.

Top Bottom