Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

trail camera advice?

Stay away from any camera that takes C-Cell batteries, pain in the butt and ants always get in between the batteries in my area. I love my Moultries but when ants are crawling in those old Cameras the ruin everything. My new Moultries, Stealth Cams, and Bushnells work great. Only complaint is with my Bushnell the date always seems to re-set itself randomly and won't take pictures at the same time on the card. If you have pictures on 1-1-2013 or 6-1-2012 and it resets you don't get any pictures until you change the dates back or delete those pictures on the card.

I've ran 90% of the manufacturers out there. Reconyx is by far the best, but definitely not a budget cam. For the money I've found the Moultrie 990is (black flash) to be the best performers, with the caveat that I've only ran them for 2 seasons so can't comment on longevity.

Some Bushnells (I've had 6) have been solid, but don't perform that well for me in colder weather and rarely last two or three seasons.

I tried two Browning Spec Ops cams last season and returned them both due to blurry images.

Worst (for me) have been anything made by Wildgame Innovations...just personal experience but definitely be advised.

Funny looking back on all these cameras I've bought, I could've almost bought a new Jap car for all that money :)

If anyone wants to try their luck with a Wildgame I got a new one with the card reader I got for Xmas I'd be more then happy to sell it lol

A great camera for the price, and very user friendly would be the Covert Scouting Camera MPE5! Awesome little camera with great pictures!!!

Take a look at the SPYPOINT trail cameras. New for 2015 is the IRON-9 that should fit your budget.

re

Soooo, I have had most brands of cams and all have failed me except Reconyx. however at $450 they are not cheap. I have some that have not been taken off the tree for 3 years and are still on their first set of Energizer lithium batteries! I even have one guarding my driveway.

I don't know how some of you have such good luck with WGI as all that I have had were junk! If you leave your cams out all year they will fail you fast. if you hang them for one month out of the year then maybe they will last a couple of years. I have no idea how Lakoskys can endorse such a crappy camera!

I've ran 90% of the manufacturers out there. Reconyx is by far the best, but definitely not a budget cam. For the money I've found the Moultrie 990is (black flash) to be the best performers, with the caveat that I've only ran them for 2 seasons so can't comment on longevity. Some Bushnells (I've had 6) have been solid, but don't perform that well for me in colder weather and rarely last two or three seasons. I tried two Browning Spec Ops cams last season and returned them both due to blurry images. Worst (for me) have been anything made by Wildgame Innovations...just personal experience but definitely be advised. Funny looking back on all these cameras I've bought, I could've almost bought a new Jap car for all that money :)

Just wanted to update you guys on my first experience with Moultrie customer service. I've sang them praises multiple times on here and other sites...never again. I have a camera that is one month out of warranty and has shot craps. The "customer experience" rep was not helpful at all and was borderline rude. She was so nice to offer 30% off a new cam (that I could still buy cheaper on Amazon, LOL). Just a heads up!

Just wanted to update you guys on my first experience with Moultrie customer service. I've sang them praises multiple times on here and other sites...never again. I have a camera that is one month out of warranty and has shot craps. The "customer experience" rep was not helpful at all and was borderline rude. She was so nice to offer 30% off a new cam (that I could still buy cheaper on Amazon, LOL). Just a heads up!
There has to be a stopping point somewhere.....

Top Bottom