Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree Planting

Persimmons that were cleaned last fall and stratified all winter in a ziploc baggie as is.

Didn’t add any media or damp paper towels to them.

2f1ce9f900868347d544661c081972b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s the fastest & best growth on persimmons I’ve ever seen by this time of year. Mine are for sure smaller & still popping up

That’s the fastest & best growth on persimmons I’ve ever seen by this time of year. Mine are for sure smaller & still popping up

The trees those seeds came off of have piles of persimmons hanging through November in Mercer County, MO. I think I posted a pic of the trees last year somewhere here.

Planted Willow Screen
6a30d2bdf2d51928e849e08a89737f92.jpg

Planted Hybrid Willow Cuttings , used TreePro tubes. Getting close to 7 feet tall so far in first of July . 200 planted and 199 are still alive .. Seems to be good results this year with all the rain . Planted Silky Willows as well un protected and the deer are murdering them ...

Getting ready for youth season and had the boys out with me at one of our old tree plantings. Planted these in 2012, mix of oaks but the reds, whites, and chinkapin have done excellent. Unreal the growth they've put on! No acorns ever documented on the whites or reds but I've been seeing acorns on the chinkapins for a few years now, never a huge acorn crop to my knowledge though. Maybe this year, haven't' check them up close.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Top Bottom