Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

tree survival

doublerack

We planted approx 200 trees last spring along the north 7 acres of our property. About 60 cedars that we transplanted, and about 140 hybrid willow trees. The fence line took a pounding this year and drifted over pretty bad. We were able to find all the cedars and it looks like about half of them might make it, and found about 3/4 of the willows. They were all bent over to the ground and about 1/4 of them broke off with about 2" to spare. I was told they are pretty tough trees. Anyone have experience with these type of trees? How well do you think they will rebound?

I suspect the willows will rebound as they are generally a pretty tough tree but keep us posted on how they do this year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Do you think the willow trees you planted had a chance to establish themselves? If so, the chances the tree will recover are quite good. I'll be interested to hear how they grow for you this year. Best of luck,

iowaPete

Top Bottom