Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tremendous 3 Year Old

I think he was 3.5 last year. If he made it through shotgun season he has a hiding place. There are too many good bucks down there where you hunt at to not let him get to 5 o r 6.

Thomas, that's a tough situation a lot of us face every year. If he's not what you want this year, then let him walk and pray he makes it through again...like they said above, he did it last year.

Also, with last years November pic I'd say 3.5 in 2010...4.5 this year. I've never seen a 2.5'r with that big of a body like the November 2010 pic.

BTW - if you have pics of him in 2012, he's going to make you chit-yourself:way: because he will be a true HAWG

Whether he's 3 or 4, he's the kind of deer that can and likely will explode given one more year. The special ones like that don't come around often...one more year.

UGGGHHH.....Thomas.....man, tough call buddy. He's a great deer. I'm not that great at aging deer Thomas. If he is 3.5...then you will have a mega-giant on your hands next fall......

What happens when he walks by is completely up to you. If he walks by and makes you decide to take him, then great job, congrats!

Good luck buddy

I'd hate to have to make a gametime decision on that guy. He would be tough to let walk another year. What a brute he would make with another year though.

The pic from this year is really hard to tell, but the ones from last yr does look to lean more towards 3 1/2 then. So I would guess he is 4 1/2 now. He is one nice buck.

Tough call, especially at this time of year. He would be a tough buck to pass but if he really is 3 or even 4, he could turn into something very special. At least you have some time to think about it instead of a quick decision at the moment of truth.;)

From a person who definitely isn't an expert, I definitely think he was a mature deer last year and thus mature this year. Good luck, he is a neat deer.

Top Bottom