Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trespasser

jc64241

I freaking hate shotgun seasons. Really your going to trespass in the middle if the day while I putting in my deck? And then act like you didn't know you trespassing. And then I call my CO and get voicemail and never get a call back. Plus I also called him about road hunter

You are probobaly better off calling the cops instead of the CO for trespassing violations.

I'm still waiting for a call back from a CO from a poacher/tresspasser, It's been 13 months now.

Haha..last year I heard a shot after dark at the end of my lane. I flew up there on my 4 wheeler and saw the guy just starting to get out of the truck to go see what he had shot. He saw me and took off..I chased him for quite a ways. I went back and found a 130 ish 10 and also his slug casing and also a check stub where he started to get out of truck. I called the co and he actually asked me if it was a big buck and I said no. He showed up 7 days later to check things out! Haha! Also I followed up..and the guy did not get in any trouble.

Opening Shotgun night, I saw spotlights and heard gun shot near me on another property. Called Sheriff,could not find poach hot line or DNR number in a hurry. Sheriff sounded, LESS, than enthusiastic about it. Doubt anything happened.

Poaching is really bad here wer i live in western ky, i live right by green river and almost every night in rifle season i can sit on my porch and watch people spotlighting the bottoms across the river from my house. All hours of the night they spotlight and shoot. It's really bad in my area. I know a boy that killed a 130" deer in early bow season which im sure he spotlighted and couple weeks ago he posted another picture on facebook of another buck he shot. Ky is a 1 buck state but he's postin pictures of 2 he's killed snd id put a paycheck they was both killed under a spotlight. Poachers are why everyone looks at all other hunters as bad people. Nobody will give you permission to hunt private land around here anymore, unless you have REAL deep pockets

I had the SD cards from two of my cams taken during first season........Sad that there are so many unethical people out there. Trying to pattern a good late season buck only for some person I assume had their hands full with their shotty and instead of taking the whole cam (saved me $150 at least) decided to just jack the card.

You shouldn't have to patrol your property during shotgun season, but always seems that way.

Last edited:
Same problems here. They didn't take or damage my cams but didn't give two sh*ts about trespassing and harvesting on my ground. What can I do

During mo rifle season I had 2 guys park in my barn and go into a box blind, called the sheriff, they sent a deputy who did catch them, they said they used to have permission to hunt there, they drove past two no trespassing signs and 1 no hunting sign on the barn they parked in

they need to make laws that will discourage it, not just shotgun hunters although this is when it is most obvious and the most dangerous to all parties involved but there are trespassing shed hunters, bow hunters, mushroom hunters.... nothing will change until the penalty is something that will be hurtful and cause people to think twice.

I have had the same problems on my land for the past 20 years, If I have any problems I call the Sheriff. The CO will never in my experience do a damn thing. I don't care if they are short handed or not, they should at least follow thru.......but they don't

I had the SD cards from two of my cams taken during first season........Sad that there are so many unethical people out there. Trying to pattern a good late season buck only for some person I assume had their hands full with their shotty and instead of taking the whole cam (saved me $150 at least) decided to just jack the card.

QUOTE]

That's a ethical trespasser there. Listen guys... if you're gonna trespass, atleast be ethical and leave trail cams and stands alone. Hell, half the time I don't know where I am during shotgun season, but atleast when I see a camera, I just wave and smile. Oh.... and only shoot the biggest bucks you see, that way the landowner still has some deer to hunt later on. Food for thought guys :way:

QUOTE]

That's a ethical trespasser there. Listen guys... if you're gonna trespass, atleast be ethical and leave trail cams and stands alone. Hell, half the time I don't know where I am during shotgun season, but atleast when I see a camera, I just wave and smile. Oh.... and only shoot the biggest bucks you see, that way the landowner still has some deer to hunt later on. Food for thought guys :way:

There ya go!! But! Do ya wear bibs?????????:D

Top Bottom