Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trespassing

I went hog hunting in Texas once and while I do not remember the specifics, it was made very clear to us by our guides that you DID NOT even think about stepping on someone elses property. Tolerance of and laws regarding trespassing vary widely from region to region it appears.

There is a guy that tresspasses frequently not going to mention names but every time he just gets a fine or whatever and is on his way he always has a story. Pisses me off

I thought of a funny prank that would be fun to pull next year for those of you with trail cameras. Wear a Iowa Whitetails hooded sweatshirt and ski masks and start showing up in your trail camera pictures. Lol. you know, like weres waldo...

Yes, Squirrelboy what a funny prank. Land owner gets mad about idiots on his land, calls outfitters leases land out to them, no more locals allowed on land owners ground. Then locals can get on this sight and bitch about land owners and outfitters.

There is a guy that tresspasses frequently not going to mention names but every time he just gets a fine or whatever and is on his way he always has a story. Pisses me off

Have you discussed w/ Sheriff's office? What do they say is the solution for his repeated defiant trespassing?

Tresspassing is a major issue that needs to be combatted. Land owners (not one myself) pay a lot of money to own their land. If you do not have permission to be on the land, you should not be there. I feel like some of it is unintentional, but a good majority is not. Those are the cases we need to persue.

I wouldnt want to spend all spring and summer building food plots, watching deer movements, hanging stands, trimming lanes, shed hunting only to find out all the bucks I've been watchign have been pushed off my ground by tresspassers during shotgun season.

I can understand definitely why land owners are mad. I know my step father in law no longer allows anyone to hunt their farm due to sloppy hunters and disrespectful neighbors. Since the farm is over a 2 hour drive from me, I don't get a chance to hunt it but 3-4 times a year. Even a disrespectful hunter can ruin it for everyone also.

If we want to protect the sport, we need to protect the resources. That means the animals and the land.

Yes, Squirrelboy what a funny prank. Land owner gets mad about idiots on his land, calls outfitters leases land out to them, no more locals allowed on land owners ground. Then locals can get on this sight and bitch about land owners and outfitters.

I meant people on here we know that were kinda friends with.:drink2:

Pictures of Opossums would work as well!

Last edited:
You see, the term HUNTERS - is a group of people not just the ethical ones but also the trespassers/poachers, etc. If you wear camo, orange, or kill animals, WE'RE ALL HUNTERS in the eyes of a landowner. I don't like trespassing either but it happens, deal with it, move on as a respectful hunter (much like DBLTree did but he also is a landowner.. so I'll get to that in a minute). What I'm seeing is most of the bickering about these "iowa trespassers" is coming from hunters who simply have permission by word of mouth on their properties. The trespassing is a problem but the creation of these feuds is only boiling a much more serious situation (in my eyes, anyway) between ALL HUNTERS and landowners. Show the picture to the landowner and let them decide what needs to be done, quit playing CSI on here when you aren't even capable of filing the report with a LE officer. If you are doing this because your landowner wanted it done then proceed but don't get your panties in a bunch, trespassing happens and you're simply just a hunter and no one is dead, yet. If you blow it out of proportion, like I've been seeing, all you are doing is setting yourself up to lock up a piece of ground or several pieces of ground in your area from ever being stepped foot on again by HUNTERS (ethical or tresspassing) because the landowners will get tired of dealing with this hunter vs. hunter bu!!5#!t.

Words from my dear old grand daddy can sum it up; "If you don't own it, don't bitch. If you do, may god have mercy on their souls." Amen.

For guys that get caught over and over trespassing, what happens to their fines & penalties? Say the 1st time gets you $145 fine for example, what happens on 2nd, 3rd, 4th? Fines and charges (misdemeanor)?

You see, the term HUNTERS - is a group of people not just the ethical ones but also the trespassers/poachers, etc. If you wear camo, orange, or kill animals, WE'RE ALL HUNTERS in the eyes of a landowner. I don't like trespassing either but it happens, deal with it, move on as a respectful hunter (much like DBLTree did but he also is a landowner.. so I'll get to that in a minute). What I'm seeing is most of the bickering about these "iowa trespassers" is coming from hunters who simply have permission by word of mouth on their properties. The trespassing is a problem but the creation of these feuds is only boiling a much more serious situation (in my eyes, anyway) between ALL HUNTERS and landowners. Show the picture to the landowner and let them decide what needs to be done, quit playing CSI on here when you aren't even capable of filing the report with a LE officer. If you are doing this because your landowner wanted it done then proceed but don't get your panties in a bunch, trespassing happens and you're simply just a hunter and no one is dead, yet. If you blow it out of proportion, like I've been seeing, all you are doing is setting yourself up to lock up a piece of ground or several pieces of ground in your area from ever being stepped foot on again by HUNTERS (ethical or tresspassing) because the landowners will get tired of dealing with this hunter vs. hunter bu!!5#!t.

Words from my dear old grand daddy can sum it up; "If you don't own it, don't bitch. If you do, may god have mercy on their souls." Amen.
I am both a landowner, and hunt on land owned by landowners. You say "deal with it". I believe concerned hunters, and landowners who have permission to be on the property that has been violated by tresspassers should do everything they can to put a stop to it. Posting pics of these violators is the best deterrence i've seen yet! Maybe more people should be getting their panties in a bunch! Then possibly the fines can be increased to the point tresspassers will think twice before they decide to break the law. Speaking of breaking the law; it should also be decided what the tresspassers intent was when they go on to a piece of property they do not have permission to be on. It may be to hunt, poach, steal, or make meth.

I'm a landowner and I love this. I was watching "to catch a predator" last night, Chris Hansen using TV, technology and internet to bust these perverts- AWESOME and love these guys getting pinched and getting their pictures on tv.

I love that we now have this tool/technology to deal with these clowns.

Being lost

I think it is a great thing posting these guys on the internet so everybody can see them and know who they are . Keep up the good wook SLIGH1 .It will make someone think twice about going on your ground when they mite get there pic taken and a ticket to go with it.

painties in a bunch

Thats why u get a writen lease so the land owner doesnt have to DEALwith it ,this word of mouth hunting is just about a thing of the past .I have writen lease on 6000 acre piece 280 piece 120 piece they let me deal with the tresspassers thats the way you do it ,and if you own it then you should post every pic of people on it and give it to LE as well, when you spent thousands of dollars on land food plots etc. If you want to hunt buy or rent your on land dont take advantage of someone else there is plenty of puplic ground go hunt that and stay out of my woods WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER

For guys that get caught over and over trespassing, what happens to their fines & penalties? Say the 1st time gets you $145 fine for example, what happens on 2nd, 3rd, 4th? Fines and charges (misdemeanor)?

I asked Sheriff this very question and he told me the fine does NOT increase for successive trespass violations. And, the cost is only $60, not $145. Maybe if they're hunting while trespassing or committing some other crime while trespassing its higher. But he was very matter-of-fact that it was just a standard $60 each time. A heck of alot of work just to see someone get whacked for $60.......

I think in small town Iowa the shame is a lot more of a deterrent than the fine. If you are not local, you probably don't care. (unless of course your face is plastered all over the internet)

Trespasser

I personally like seeing the trespasser pictures on here. It will without a doubt make some potential trespassers more hesitant to trespass on a property. Last night I watched the show "bait car" where they steal the car and then have a control mechanism to shut it down and lock the doors/windows...Great idea, and I am sure it makes the potential thieves think twice about stealing an abandoned car.

Plus I have learned from the site, good ideas on where to put the cameras. Keep it up, I actually would like to see a special category on trespassers. This could really help.

Top Bottom