Trophy Rock mineral licks

Waddell Wannabe

Quick Trigger
A friend of mine told me to look into gettin a couple Trophy Rocks instead of just corn, to put in front of my trail camera. I was about to make a trip to sportsmans warehouse to see if I could get one, and my uncle told me that the prices got jacked up on them (he said they nearly quadrupled) and they aren't being sold anymore. Just wandering if anyone has used these in the past, or if you've heard about them going "off the market".

Just bought my first ever today for what I thought was pricey, $14.95 + tax. I heard good things from others that used them so I guess I'll find out if it was worth the money. They had plenty at the feed store where I got them in PA, don't know about Iowa though.

i saw some at buck hollow sports in pella last summer, check with boyd, se if he still carries them

Last I talked with gunrunr (Boyd @ Buck Hollow Sports) he was going to be getting some in but it was also selling like hotcakes. Give him a call and check availability and pricing....

i have heard thses things are great....
the deer love them, they are all natural, and really promote antler growth......
however, they are expensive for a "rock"
but, im game....

I have used them for the last few years and have had great luck with them. It seems like it takes the deer a few weeks to get used to them and then you come back a few weeks after that and there is nothing left. They are spendy. I put out one each year at my mineral licks and then use my own "secret" mineral powder the rest of the year to keep it active.

[ QUOTE ]
At roughly a dollar per pound for the Trophy Rock, I'm betting your money would go a lot further with the recipe found in this mineral lick thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

waytogo.gif
Nothing wrong with the rock, but the deer are after the salt.

It's your money but you can buy a heckuva lot of salt and mineral mix for $20
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At roughly a dollar per pound for the Trophy Rock, I'm betting your money would go a lot further with the recipe found in this mineral lick thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

waytogo.gif
Nothing wrong with the rock, but the deer are after the salt.

It's your money but you can buy a heckuva lot of salt and mineral mix for $20
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree whole heartedly. I've used the rock and it will bring deer. However, the mineral I use every year costs less then $30.00 for 200 lbs. I'll let you do the math.

You can get the same Trophy Rock mineral in a 50# pressed block (no additives in the process) that is much more afforadable than the rocks. I picked up one at a feed store in North Central Iowa for $7 or $8. I know you can get these at Buck Hollow Sports as well.

Back