Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Views from the stand 2022-23

What a difference a day makes.
0b2bbbb54539340a93e6e8729e203563.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cold air blasted into the western side of the state around daybreak this morning. There's was just enough deer movement to keep it interesting but not as good as I had hoped. View attachment 123532
I'm taking you passed on that? Looks like a decent buck. I passed on a buck last Saturday that looks really good on trail cam, but not regretting it. If I hesitated, means I was on the fence.

I'm taking you passed on that? Looks like a decent buck. I passed on a buck last Saturday that looks really good on trail cam, but not regretting it. If I hesitated, means I was on the fence.
Yes, I let him go. I try to make all those decisions while looking at current and past trail cam photos before season. Keeps me from getting caught up in the excitement and making a mistake.

18 degrees and breezy but I'm toasty warm in the heater body suit this morning. I've seen a couple decent bucks but nothing I'm a after yet
I froze this AM for a short 1.5 hour sit. I plan on using the heater body suit for the first time this weekend if I sit again. A friend stopped hunting and gave it to me. I've had to keep the kids from using it as a sleeping bag up until now.

I froze this AM for a short 1.5 hour sit. I plan on using the heater body suit for the first time this weekend if I sit again. A friend stopped hunting and gave it to me. I've had to keep the kids from using it as a sleeping bag up until now.
Good to hear that you're getting "back" at it again! Must have got your spinal issue "straightened" out? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good to hear that you're getting "back" at it again! Must have got your spinal issue "straightened" out? :rolleyes:
I was nearly paralyzed for a couple of days there. Lifted and twisted to place a heavy log onto the splitter. Heard a loud pop just above my tailbone and nearly went down. Never felt pain like that. Bulged disc between L5 & S1. Thank God it wasn't herniated. XRays, muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatories, a few pain killers, and 3 chiropractic adjustments. A similar loud pop occurred during the first chiro adjustment, and I kid you not, I started crying a split second after. Couldn't help it. It hurt so bad and simultaneously released the existing excruciating pain at the same time. Tears just poured out of my eyes.

Anyway, still tender, but mobile. Lots of arthritis and bone spurs in that spinal joint. Dr was kind of shocked I hadn't had trouble before. Getting old sucks.

I've owned mine for over 15 years. It's by far my favorite piece of hunting gear and 2nd place isn't even close. I'm sure I've got over a thousand hours sitting in this thing. It's kept me warm and ready for countless hunts.

Top Bottom