Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Warm Weather Success

mamenninga

Thursday, October 30 - I took Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off last week in anticipation of hunting hard. I was a little turned off with the warm weather and disappointed with how much corn was still standing, but you can't shoot one sitting on your couch. The thermometer in my truck read 75 on the way to the timber, so I took my sweet time walking in so I wasn't a sweaty mess. I got settled in my climber around 4 in a spot that I have been wanting to try for a quite a while. I was a little surprised to see deer moving already at 5. I couple of small bucks were chasing does all over the place. They'd disappear for a while and pretty soon they'd come chasing back through. Finally they disappeared and I decided to try the horns. I hit them together and no sooner had I put them down and grabbed my bow when I heard this guy coming. He was on a dead sprint! I grunted and he stopped at 15yds, partially behind a tree, but I had a clear shot. So, naturally, I rushed the shot and gut shot him. He ran down the hill, crossed a creek, and stood right on the other side of the creek, 45 yds out, for what seemed like 10 minutes trying to figure out what happened to him. I was hoping my rage caught something vital and that he would drop soon. He was standing just out of a small window that I could shoot through, and breathing very heavy. Finally, he turned, took 2 steps into the window, and I let another one go. Double lung at 45. He ran another 30 and piled up. I could see the white belly from my stand! By far, my best deer.
Oct30_1.JPG

Oct30_2.JPG

great deer!!!!!

congrats!
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

That's a heck of a followup shot under pressure. Kudos to you on a really nice buck. Beautiful cape on that deer - should look great on the wall.

Good shootin' on a beautiful buck and despite the heat wave no less!

Congrats!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BWJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a heck of a followup shot under pressure. Kudos to you on a really nice buck. Beautiful cape on that deer - should look great on the wall.</div></div>

Would have to agree on that one! Great buck and an awesome harvest!

Top Bottom