Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Warning Shot...

Limb Chicken

Weasel fired a warning shot at this one... Story shortly...
grin.gif

2606WeaselLongbeard2Hor.jpg

4/29 Woke up this morning to see calm winds and very little rain. We went to a known struting zone on a beautiful ridge. The first gobbles we heard came from a long ways away and not the property we were hunting. Soon enough a bird sounded off in our timber. We gave some soft tree talk and soon Limb thought the bird sounded like he was on the ground. We called a little more agresive and the bird hammered back. He was on the ground and coming. He stayed just over the ridge out of sight but we could track his movements well by his gobbles. I thought he might skirt our ridge and enter the feild behind us so we gave him the silent trick. It didn't take long and a thunderous gobble came from very close. As Limb got the camera and I got my bow we spotted a snow white softball coming through the timber. With a few soft calls the tom worked his way 30 yrds in front of us to the top of the ridge. He looked over pretty boy and here he came spittin and drummin. Limb is capturing some great video up to this point. I drew when he hit 25 yrds and when he stopped at 20 I couldn't resist. The only problem was it was early and very overcast. I couldn't find my pins worth a darn. I let it fly and thankfuly it didn't harm him or realy scare him. A soft yelp and he made another run for prety boy. At this point I have another arrow and am ready but can't get a shot. Whack, he took pretty boy off of his stake and I had to drop down in front Limb to get a shot. This 8 yrd shot was good but the video goes black when I get in front of the camera. Oh well, it was all totally awsome. We could have went home or went to eat but instead we cleaned the bird and went back out. This proved to be worthless but I always enjoy hunting in the rain with Limb. He has some special new rain gear made of cotton, yes cotton that holds water real well.

Congrats! It's been a great run for you guys this year along with Pretty Boy.

Limb, do you still need your 2nd Ia bird?

The toms have a lot to worry about when you two are around. Congrats!
smile.gif

Top Bottom