Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Weasel pictures

crietveld

My wife had this weasel wondering around our barn while she was choring this morning.
96d2f291b57a1e100e551d9053dda76a.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't mind sharing...where in Iowa was this beast? In all my years here in Iowa, I have never seen a weasel. I know there are some, but for whatever reason, not where I have been. :)

I like it!!! I can never keep track of difference in mink & weasel & maybe one other one we have here?? So neat!!!

I’m south of Pella about 6 miles. There was one hit on the road by my house this winter and I catch a glimpse of one occasionally.
64d82d7916baee9f27b8bf176dff64c8.jpeg

She said it kept looking out the door to see if it was still raining.

I saw one in Tama County, Iowa circa 1976ish while out rabbit hunting. Winter phase white.

We have quite a few in Story county. You’d actually be surprised how common they are in the state. You just rarely see them.

I've seen maybe 5 or 6 in my lifetime(38 years old). All in benton county. One white phase and the rest like in the picture.

Caught one in dubuque co 30 yrs ago in a coon dirthole set, had both back feet in a 11/2 round jaw Montgomery. He was fierce till the end, I tanned him myself. I've only seen one other since then around here. I've never had one get in the chicken coop luckily.

Top Bottom