Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

what a night...part II

muddy

decided after last night that i was gunna sneak into that same ridge this morning and sit all day.

got in just fine and while i was leaning against a tree to put the old API up a ear wide 8 walks by me grunting at 8 yards. my bow was 2 steps from me, oh well, great experience!! 5 feet up in the tree a doe walks by at 15 yards, bow is at bottom of tree. oh well, still looking to be a good day. sit on stand and watch about a dozen does get bumped around by a massive 3 pointer.
wink.gif
one or two of them were hot and i had high hopes. eventually they all worked off and i didn't see jack for a long time. i miffed a shot opportunity on a nice mature doe, but that was the least of my worries. it was now 8:30 or so in the morning. i didn't manage to see anything till 11 when a nice 130 inch 10 point came right up and stood beautifully for me...with his ribcage behind a tree. he finally got sick of looking for the "buck" who was grunting and wandered off with no shot opportunity. nutz.
bawling.gif
at noon i decided to move my stand about 80 yardds to another tree where all the deer were funneling over the ridge. i got set up by 12:30 and decided to eat my lunch. for the next 3 1/2 hours i intermittantly napped and just enjoyed the cold rain/drizzle. at 3:45 a nice buck just materialized 50 yards away and sauntered towards me. i didn't have much time to react but finally things came together for me after a hard week of hunting dawn to dusk every day. at 25 yards i put a muzzy through him. he went about 80 yards and disappeared. i decided that i'd better calm down so i called my dad to tell him what was going on...no one there. i then called deadeye and caught him just out of the shower. i bet he thought i was on crack cuz i was pumped. a few seconds after i got ahold of him i was in mid story when the buck came back into view and went down!!!
peace.gif
waytogo.gif
i went ballistic. i had hit him farther back than i wanted to but was totally confident of liver. bingo, good guess. i was sort of disappointed when i got up to him as he shrank a little bit, he was not the buck i had seen the night before but he's still a step up from last years deer and i'm still fired up, i have never seen a deer go down within sight.

phew, time for bed, i think after getting up at 4:45 since last Thursday i'm gunna sleep in and actually talk to my mom and dad tomorrow rather than chase does!!
busted.gif
what an up and down season for me, falling, busting my bow, missing a monster, and just lots of bad luck. when it all falls into place and you put a good deer down it's all worth it. pictures to come if i can figure out how to upload them. i sure miss the old way, it was so EASY. if anything i'll mail them to you OneCam

good luck to the rest of you guys tomorrow, i'm sleeping in!!!!
smokin.gif

man, i make a post and then look around at all the deer killed today. 12 pack, shredders monster, how is a brother to compete with that??
busted.gif
oh well, i'll take my deer anyway, raise that bar enough and pretty soon i'll be up there too!!!

whoooohooooo!! new personal best for the mudster!! i'm gunna go have a
31045-cheers2.gif

hey, i might be able to make it to the open house now!! excellent!!
beerchug.gif

Great job Muddy! I can't wait to see some pictures. Have fun sleeping in. I am looking forward to getting up early since tomorrow is the start of my second rut vacation!
30571-green1.gif

Hey Muddy, congrats, bro!! I still haven't harvested anything yet. Being too picky I guess!!

hey, that photo uploading thing wasn't so bad. i must be a lot smarter than 'Bonker, only took me 1 try.
smashcomp.gif

Smarter than ME? Man, that ain't sayin much.

Good job, on posting the pic. I suppose the deer will do too.

The 'Bonker

Congradulations Muddy!!! You definitly deserve a happy ending to your, how should I say, "intersting" season. Just shows what dedication, perseverance, and hard work can do. I'd
beerchug.gif
a couple to you but after the last two nights I had better stick to water.
grin.gif
Once again good job.

Top Bottom