Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

When there's lead in the air.................

Zim

So I'm surfing YouTube for some New Hampshire zone 2C moose hunts when I come across this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D6bWBOPgRE

Now there's some fine guide service for you. These guys go the extra mile, even if it means driving their truck down the forest road that extra 1/4 mile! The moose must sound a bit different out east based on the calling.

I think a better title for the video would be "When There's Lead in the Air.........There's Always Hope". :eek:

That was pathetic 24 shots and then you put it out on the web. That's what gives hunters a bad name, go spend some time at the range or let someone else do the shooting.

The moose must sound a bit different out east based on the calling.

That almost sounded like my kids yelling "mama" when they were little. :confused:

"The barrage was no match for the bull..." :thrwrck:

I was genuinely embarrassed for all parties involved. And I just about got motion sickness with the fancy camera work.

I had a moose tag last year in Wyoming and finally got my cow call down to where I thought I was pretty good. Brought in my bull. But when this guy let rip I got to wondering if that is supposed to be some cow in heat or if he was doing that on purpose??? Seems like the calling matched the shooting. Yes I would agree it was embarassing to all.

I have to wonder how many bulls were wounded on that hunt.

But when this guy let rip I got to wondering if that is supposed to be some cow in heat or if he was doing that on purpose???

I was thinking more along the lines of he just took his dunce cap off and turned it around to use...;)

Good luck I've been putting in for the NH moose lottery since they started it. Never been drawn. I believe the c2 zone is very mountainous and remote.? Do you have a guide lined up? You will see more moose than deer.

It's in the 2nd furthest north unit, right up against the Maine state line. Roughly 10 miles north and south of Berlin. I've been told the north 4 units are the best, and all pretty much equal in quality.

I have a lot of time for research, plus will have 5 full days to scout. No, guides aren't an option. Divorce from entitlement queen took care of that.

What I'd recommend is getting on google earth and looking for fresh clear cuts. You want something less than 8 years old. You might be able to contact the White Mountain National rangers and they will point you in the right direction. Keep in mind though they do not allow motorized vehicles or atvs so you'd be walking in. You also have to get it out without motorized vehicles as well. Some people hire farmers with logging horses.
I will also see if I can get you contact info for the GW in that area.

GWs 19, 11 & 13.

I've already gotten letters from 3 outfitters, including DVD's. 90% of the hunting took place in clear cuts. They all used serious ATV's to get moose out. No doubt, getting meat out will dictate where I can hunt. If the guides concentrate on the areas where ATV's are allowed, I will certainly look into horses so I can hunt.

However, it looks like all the national forest land is south of my unit.

They even laugh about it,,disgusting...This is a case where the harvested had more nobility than the harvestors. I remember yrs back when hunting with my good friend in WY ,near Yellow Stone. We had just walked up a mountain in snow and sat down on top. We saw a mule deer bedded 200 yrds down hill. I took a shot and missed. My friend,,a WY-born cowboy ,,said you went high,,just aim at the snow line. After that shot the buck jumped up,,but friend said he won't go far, he didn't. Suddenly ,,another unseen buck, jumped out, and trotted across at the same 200 yrds. My friend raised his rifle, and with one 3006 shot, downed the running Mule Deer,,now that,,,,is shootin!

Who cares, they got the job done! Do I sense some jealousy here? Have any on you ever put a bad shot on a deer from your stand???(don't forget you're sitting 20-40 yards from the critter) Everyone is to quick to judge (i sometimes forget most of you "iowa whitetailers" are "professionsals") who cares how they got the job done, they did it...ever seen coyote hunting in southwest Iowa when the snow is on the ground??? Everyone has to have something to complain about because it's not rifle season for antler less deer ....get real...don't worry about how others get the job done, if you don't like it, don't watch...

If you're hunting clear cuts then I'd recommend getting a bear tag as well. There are going to be tons of blackberries this year and the bear will be in the cuts. The only problem with bear is they require you to take the bear to a GW so it could screw up a day of hunting.

Just another thot. I practice alot to try to be the best shot I can. Am not that great. A few times I have messed up. All do. I still feel bad about it. Want the job done as quick and humane as possible. I don't laugh,,about it.

Top Bottom