Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

When there's lead in the air.................

loneranger said:
Wonder how the Moose felt while the job was gettin done?

I sometimes believe animals have more rights than humans themselves...yes it's inhumane but at the same time put yourself in there shoes...you have to laugh it off or you'd never be a hunter...how many times have you made that one wrong move? You have to laugh it off and bounce back...

I ask the Creator to forgive me. HE graciously has given animals for food. You are right,,you can't dwell on it. You move on, and try to do a better job,,correct possible mistakes,,next time. I still don't."laugh", however.

I am pretty disgusted right about now. After drawing my tags and strategizing my work schedule all summer, I acheived my FY2012 quota 2 weeks early. This was so I could begin work on my FY2013 stuff for when I burn my 3 weeks hunting vacation. When the managers at my office saw the numbers, they decided to add 2 free weeks of BS mindless non-industry related labor intensive work to my schedule with zero days notice. So I am super pissed off, and will make sure to NEVER excel at my job ever again. I will stay right on quota or slightly below. Spent the last 2 weeks on my feet for 7 straight hours/day, no break, no lunch, extra 1 hour commute daily, get up 4 hours earlier than normal. All for no money.....I am salaried contract employee. Next time they ask me to do this, the answer is simple.......NO.

The misery is over now, and I am left with one week to prepare for my trip. And that week begins on our archery deer opener, when I was supposed to have time to participate. It's a mess now. I am scrambling to get my stuff together and salvage my moose hunt.

Well that sucks. Sounds like you are ready for a vacation. The good news is the bulls are hard horned and starting to move looking for cows. The foliage is changing. It's a great time to be in Northern New England. Good luck on nailing a nice bull. Keep us posted on how it turns out.

Top Bottom