Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whitetail-Images

TheKingsDeer.com

Whitetail-Images.com
This week and next should be fantastic for hunting the beautiful Iowa whitetail and for those that didn't know or didn't pick-up on the fact I do like to take their pictures. Very soon I will cover most of South West Iowa and work my way east into South Central and then South East Iowa. Northern Missouri will see me and eventually my goal is to finish in North East Iowa for whitetail. I also love to try to catch other wildlife especially eagles on the Mississippi but it needs to get a lot colder than this to see them moving through. I will post when I can but usually I put them on my website so please feel free to stop. My wife has gotten beyond the point of thinking I am "nuts" but after 30 years she knows my passion. Anyway, best of luck to everyone, catch up when I can, here is a buck I caught on a terrace this weekend:

http://www.whitetail-images.com/?attachment_id=2554

Nice shot Tony. I'll let you know when the eagles start grouping up around my place. Sometimes you can see 10-15 adult and young ones at a time. A pair has nested below my driveway on the river for several years. You can see the babies from my mailbox when they get older.

Thanks Joe! I love catching big bucks out in the open, just hard to get them to stand still. :)

Please do let me know! We have a few fly through over here with the river close but they are hard to catch a good close shot ( photo ) but I keep trying! I think I am hooked and really look forward to a road trip this winter up to NE Iowa and some Mississippi River eagle glassing and hopefully some good shot's. Here is the most incredible photo I have seen from up that way, this guy is a amateur like me but "oh boy" this is just "way cool"!

http://www.whitetail-images.com/?p=1685

FWIW... there are usually a good number of eagles on the Des Moines River northwest of Boone later in the fall. A little more north for you but your right it needs to be colder.

It's amazing how you are able to capture nice bucks on camera out in the open and the rest of us amateurs just try to get close enough to one to stick him with a stick and string. Nice work!

It's amazing how you are able to capture nice bucks on camera out in the open and the rest of us amateurs just try to get close enough to one to stick him with a stick and string. Nice work!

Sometimes I photograph like I hunt out of a stand, sometimes I am in a blind - like today, I spot a lot of animals from the road and stalk them. When I see a buck in hot pursuit down a fence row I go to the other end if wind is right.

Roger Hill got me into this so I blame him but it's made me a better hunter. Considering its a dying art since trail cameras and fenced in deer. Oh well I love it and still get a thrill every time.

Winds up today but suns out, feels like later morning movement. Good luck!

Quick update, 5 different bucks moving by today, I am actually on the edge of some public that's still surrounded by corn. It was close to 8:00 am before I saw anything but as soon as I relaxed this buck came in and I darn near got the perfect shot but he moved into the evergreens, still pretty cool and darn close.

http://www.whitetail-images.com/?p=2578

Crazy day, I figured bucks would be falling to hunters "big time" today, I photographed a bunch of bucks. This was a fun shot, I heard a big wide buck was hanging in Guthrie County, found his area and a huge rub, then he showed up to finish the deal. Great day, one of the busiest I can remember.

http://www.whitetail-images.com/?p=2581

Last edited:
Good stuff Tony, that's gotta be a huge challenge to get quality pics like you do of wild bucks with the Nikon:way:

Pretty fun, no pressure type of deal, always see bucks with that dumb camera in my hand. Today was exceptional after all the rain yesterday, knew it would be, cleared off, wind laid down. Tomorrow morning is a killing day, I think a hard frost tonight, darn close. My buddy Big Ern is up in SE Minn. tonight, starts tomorrow, straight across from Allamakee County in Iowa, he is pumped. This is the time we wait for all year, best of luck "6" - let us know how you do.Be up the 14th, not been in your county yet, south all the time. Later!

Hey Tony, since you are tagged out and since some of us aren't retired, can't take 2 weeks vacation, etc. I think it is only fair that you get us on some deer while you take the pictures.....seems like a good deal to me. You get the scouting done, etc. we will bring the bow!

I am old but far from retired and you should start at 5 am everyday like I do and have done it for 30 years. You whipper snapper! :) Sky, you will get there to someday. I have a Taylor doe tag and looking at Missouri hard. You go sit in a tree and get off your computer and you will get one too! Later, best of luck! I am down there for two days so never know. You sure that little town doesn't have a bar? :)

So I have to ask, and am not trying to start anything... This last week I was in SW Iowa, Montgomery County to be exact... I was going down the road and saw someone with Colorado plates taking pictures of a deer... They jumped out of the vehicle and took off across the field taking pictures... Now, how does one just do that? Don't you need permission? Do you only do it on ground you have permission?? Now, I didn't say anything to this guy since I saw he was only taking pictures, but I KNEW he didn't have permission to be going across the field taking pictures (my families ground).. so how does that work? And again, not trying to start anything..just curiousity

Top Bottom