Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sugarbeets

November 14th, 2011

Mikes sugar beets did much better on the better soil with more moisture during this drought year

2011planting169.jpg

but even the dry areas didn't fare to bad!

2011planting174.jpg

Still a lot of feed that whitetails find hard to resist! :way:

2011planting170.jpg

Yea i seen that but i just got them given to me in a big zip lock bag. No idea on how many seeds r in there.... thanks

I couldnt get any rr beets so I planted fodder beets this year.Only a strip 9 ft by 350 ft.Thought it would make weed controle easier.I use stinger works fairly well however last year ended up with a sedge problem.So that plot ended up in brassicas.Hopefully the fodder beets canopy quicker also helping in weed controle.To set your hand spreader just put a paper bag under it to catch the seeds.Know your spread width walk and spread a preset distance.Count the seeds in the bag adding 10 -20 percent for failure.Shoot for 1 plant per square foot.I planted mine a littlle thicker and they worked out fine.

rr sugar beet seed

Was wondering if anyone knows if rr sugarbeet seed will be avaliable for food plotters this year, and if so where ? Any help would be much appreciated.

Was wondering if anyone knows if rr sugarbeet seed will be avaliable for food plotters this year, and if so where ? Any help would be much appreciated.

As far as I know Monsanto is not allowing RR sugar beet seed to be sold for anything other then ag use.

saw this on a deer creek seed site

• 35% DCS Brand Sugar Beet
  • 30% Swiss Chard
  • 20% Detroit Dark Red Table Beets
  • 10% Purple Top Turnip
  • 5% Kale
any thoughts

saw this on a deer creek seed site

• 35% DCS Brand Sugar Beet
  • 30% Swiss Chard
  • 20% Detroit Dark Red Table Beets
  • 10% Purple Top Turnip
  • 5% Kale
any thoughts

I would lay on the ranch dressing really thick if I had to choke that salad down. :D :D

But seriously, I think a couple things seem out of place in that mix. I have never planted sugar beets but I think they are something that goes in now. Ptt in now would seem to be overly mature by the fall/winter.

i was thinking early july, i have a 3rd of an acre and wanted to try something different from what iv done, the beets will have some size, not huge by any means

I live outside of Chicago and I am also looking for betamix and upbeet and haven't been able to find it anywhere. Any help tracking some down would be great. Thanks

I have probably have enough left over for 1/2 acre; both the Betamix and Upbeet. I am located in Southern Wisconsin. I have given up on the sugar beets because the summers here have been too dry the last couple of years. They were awesome the when mother nature cooperated. Not sure how much it would cost to ship; Upbeet was not cheap. Not sure if I really want to ship anywhere though not sure what the restrictions are? Call 608-438-3451 if interested.

Top Bottom