Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

“Hunting shows” - net positive or negative?

I watch parts flipping through channels. If I see a part that is not in a long commercial break I'll watch a while, especially if it is 5-10 minutes before the end of the half hour. I'm pretty neutral on them. They are there if I feel like looking and easy enough to ignore if I don't want to.

I agree that a lot of the product endorsed are poor products and I definitely don't like all of their hunting methods, but that is where each person gets the chance to use their own mind to decide what they watch or buy or how they hunt. If the show "hurts" a person by buying a bad product or hunting with unreasonable expectations I feel like that is much more of a reflection on the person making those choices than a TV show.

Depends on the venue you watch the shows on. Outdoor channel has a net negative effect, way too many shows where it's about the hunter personality or shows where people with money travel around to outfitters. I like YouTube shows like Hunting public and Midwest whitetail and whatever random public hunting land channel catches my eye.

I really like watching, but when it turns into an infomercial, I'm out. I watch mostly on Youtube now with THP and Midwest Whitetail. MWW is on the line for product stuff for me. I get that you have to make some $, but when it crosses over to the point where it is annoying, I tune out. A ton of those shows start out very real and raw, which I like, but year 2 when they gain traction, the sponsors show up and there it goes. :)

Am I the only one that questions THP sometimes? More along the lines of chasing after deer, yelling in the timber, etc seems like they don’t take in to consideration other people may be hunting the same area sometimes. Comes off a bit disrespectful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that questions THP sometimes? More along the lines of chasing after deer, yelling in the timber, etc seems like they don’t take in to consideration other people may be hunting the same area sometimes. Comes off a bit disrespectful.

Yea couldn't really get into that show..

To be honest I love hunting shows. I have been watching them for literally 30 years. I like Midwest Whitetail, Drurys, and Lakoskys. I like the shows that show the habitat process, and these tend to do that. People claim its unrealistic expectations but thats far from the truth. There are lots of guys on here that create habitat and have hunts extremely similar to what you see on TV.
IMO if you want to talk about unrealistic expectations, THP is the epitome of this....they travel from Aug-Jan and hunt all over the place killing 3 yr olds... I do not enjoy their show at all....and I also agree 100% with what CW says...I would have some choice words with them if i was hunting the same public ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That part does make a wince a bit when they celebrate after a kill and probably blow everything out of the area with how loud they get at times. I certainly would not want to hunt a public piece in the days after they kill one. Running with a knocked arrow is another thing I see them do at times and its like geeze, one of these guys is going to kill themselves.

Other than those couple things I'm a big fan of them lol.

I don’t like to see people pack their truck for their trip, ride in their truck, shoot their bow or gun, nor sit in a tree and whisper to me what I just saw with my own eyes.

I get that it takes a ton of B-roll footage to put a show together but it is boring. I record the shows I want to see and fast forward thru all commercials and all of the stuff I mentioned above and I usually watch 3-5 minutes of any show. I only have a few exceptions to this rule.

With You tube now demonetizing content that shows animals being killed, what do you think will be the outcome for all these You Tube based hunting shows? Will another platform rise up without the blatant partisan censorship ? Obviously they wont just stop with demonetization, eventually they will want to purge their platform of all unapproved content.
I hate seeing this obvious attack on us and anyone else who isn't part of the current social elite way of thinking. I don't have facebook, twitter, or any of those social media platforms as I believe they are all taking part in the downfall of society but I do have a weakness for You Tube. I'd love for someone else to rise up and replace them but that's a monstrous behemoth to slay.

With You tube now demonetizing content that shows animals being killed, what do you think will be the outcome for all these You Tube based hunting shows? Will another platform rise up without the blatant partisan censorship ? Obviously they wont just stop with demonetization, eventually they will want to purge their platform of all unapproved content.
I hate seeing this obvious attack on us and anyone else who isn't part of the current social elite way of thinking. I don't have facebook, twitter, or any of those social media platforms as I believe they are all taking part in the downfall of society but I do have a weakness for You Tube. I'd love for someone else to rise up and replace them but that's a monstrous behemoth to slay.
I hadn't heard that Youtube was demonetizing hunting content...ouch for the people like The Hunting Public, etc. I watch YouTube every day...that may need to change though...what are our options?

A group of us started the site www.whitetail.com and launched it a little over a month ago. We spent about a year putting it all together. The whole purpose is to give hunters a place to post without the fear of having their accounts shut down or their content removed. It is run by hunters for hunters. We have the capability to host video as well as a full Social Media platform. Currently we are spending a lot of money adding much larger video capacity because of what happened on you-tube. Its not a matter of when all of the big boys pull the trigger on hunters, it's when!

FYI, Skip gave his approval for this post.

A group of us started the site www.whitetail.com and launched it a little over a month ago. We spent about a year putting it all together. The whole purpose is to give hunters a place to post without the fear of having their accounts shut down or their content removed. It is run by hunters for hunters. We have the capability to host video as well as a full Social Media platform. Currently we are spending a lot of money adding much larger video capacity because of what happened on you-tube. Its not a matter of when all of the big boys pull the trigger on hunters, it's when!

FYI, Skip gave his approval for this post.
I looked it up and it took me to server page NXITG or something along that line??

I will say I learned a lot watching the Drury's 13 DVD a few years back made sense to me and did change the way I hunted a good bit . I haven't watched a hunting show on TV in a few years. Midwest Whitetail chasing November was good online I thought . I also watched a DVD whitetail adrenaline that was super entertaining .. I've learned more on Iowa whitetail than I ever have watching a show. I do like watching habitat videos on line and learning that's more my game . Specially Skip riding around in his tractor showing of his switchgrass and I'm like Skip please come plant my farm :)

Top Bottom