• Dear User,

We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here

You won't be able to login with your old password

If you do not receive the Password reset request within a few minutes, please check your Junk / Spam E-mail folder just in case the email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select Not Junk, which will allow future messages to get through.

If you still need assistance, email [email protected]

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Hunterra - Custom Hunting Property Maps

Your thoughts on Lakosky, Glesinger?

bwese

Lakosky and Drury's feed anilogics year round, that's got to add to the chance for the deer to reach max potential in as fast as time as possible. If I could afford to feed deer year round or seasonally when they need it most I'd feed that also.

Daver

PMA Member
Lakosky and Drury's feed anilogics year round, that's got to add to the chance for the deer to reach max potential in as fast as time as possible. If I could afford to feed deer year round or seasonally when they need it most I'd feed that also.

Interesting...that is just about what I suspected was at play. I wonder if there is any way to quantify what a given buck would be w/o this supplemental feed v. with it.

Tim Hull

PMA Member
The supplemental feeding of does while pregnant doesn't hurt. According to the Biologist on Don Higgins stated that is as important as anything.

JNRBRONC

The supplemental feeding of does while pregnant doesn't hurt. According to the Biologist on Don Higgins stated that is as important as anything.

Doesn’t hurt. How much percentage is this true? I hate statistics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madplotter

PMA Member
Hey guys. I see Lee Lakosky once again breaks his personal best buck and Greg Glesinger shoots another 220 plus some incher as well. This is not a jealousy post, I’m happy for them and have no doubt they’ve worked their tails off for their success. But I am curious as to the how they’re doing it part of it. I’m sure they have lots of great land to hunt and I’ve always thought that there are tons of great hunters that if they had 1000 acres in Iowa they too would kill a lot of booners. But even w a lot of land, you still have neighbors. You still have ehd. Possible poaching. Car deer accidents. You still can’t control whether a 5 1/2 to 7 1/2 yr old buck tops out at 150” or 170” much less 230 or whatever.
How do you figure they seem to shoot one bigger almost every single year? Do you think there’s something more to the anilogics mineral than maybe we give it credit for? Are they doing something else management wise/food plot wise that most of us aren’t? Just incredible that they can continue to kill free ranging animals of THAT caliber. Crazy

I think you questions are good ones and I don't see any jealousy in your post at all. I'm going off the original topic but this is how I view the "upper crust" of hunting personalities...

I'm sure plenty of folks on here have talked to Lee, he is so accessible and is willing to share any info he can. That said, he lives in a different world than most of us but at the same time we can sort through what applies and what does not. I think Mark & Terry Drury , Bill Winke and several other successful hunters will share about anything you want to know, especially the Midwest based people. It's part of our nature in the Midwest. For these reasons, I think these are pretty good folks and they share my values, which is important to me. The neatest stories to me is not how many monsters they shoot but their passion for developing habitat. Bill Winke's 2 segments on the purchase and sale of his farm and then sharing the past hunts on the old farm were cool but sad at the same time. Think about how personal and emotional that had to be for him and he shared it. I watched that show thinking about my seasons 10-15 years ago when he was getting started on his farm and we had just bought ours. So many of these folks are good for our sport and they are likely responsible for igniting a passion in so many new hunters.

Another part of this discussion are the people who push the envelope to shoot "big" deer. I have a neighbor who will push any law and any permission he can to shoot a 160"+ deer. If the farmer won't grant him permission he will go to the landowner and ask them, likely someone who lives out of state and doesn't understand property rights, and charm them into saying yes. He sneaks in, which tells you he knows he's in the wrong, and shoots a deer or gets caught then everything blows up into a bunch of neighborhood drama. This has happened time and time again. He will then put other hunters down because he thinks he's a better "hunter". Don't be this guy just to meet a number quota.

My advice, be thankful we live in a time and a place we can still chase whitetails and most importantly, put your family first and seek that balance.

About this Discussion

Top Bottom