Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What's Happened?

I make one freaking post about a good deer and someone asks me to delete it?????????

And that right there is why I feel something has been missing from this site for a while. Seriously, how many people turn on their computer, see a big buck ,and say,"Bubba, get the spot light, we gotta go huntin" Maybe I'm the one who is nuts but I just don't think its that bad.

Edited to ask a question. I asked this a couple years ago and got no response. I'm wondering if anyone here feels they were directly affected by pictures they posted of deer on the net. By this I mean, did you get pushed off land, increased poaching activity or anything along those lines? I just feel much of this is simple unjustified paranoia.

Last edited:
I make one freaking post about a good deer and someone asks me to delete it?????????

If the deer is a city deer, more than likely 65,000 people know about it, see him, know where he hangs out, so I really doubt putting that deer on the net is really going to "enlighten" anyone else.

I've never been a huge contributor to the site but in my opinion the new format and lack of directions on how to post pictures has been the biggest blow to the site. I tried to upload photo's not too long ago and it said that they had to be approved by moderators. Well I don't know if they were approved or not because I never found them again.
Seems to me that things have perked up lately in the trail cam forum...hopefully that trend will continue.

For those of you who feel its hard to upload pics and such, get a photbucket account. Upload them to photobucket and then just copy and paste the image code into your iowawhitetail post. Posting pictures is easier now than it has ever been. As for the lack of posts, I gotta agree. Not many of the "oldtimers" are even around anymore.

For those of you who feel its hard to upload pics and such, get a photbucket account. Upload them to photobucket and then just copy and paste the image code into your iowawhitetail post. Posting pictures is easier now than it has ever been. As for the lack of posts, I gotta agree. Not many of the "oldtimers" are even around anymore.

This is what I have been doing. Works slick!:way:

I'm with a lot of you. It's the new site. When I first started using it, I hated it. I had problems posting pics and one thing I loved about the old one was the side bar on the left that always had the most recent topics on it. I was talking to Seth (HeartSurgeon) at a bachelor party a couple weeks ago and he said he doesn't get on anymore because he doesn't like the new site either.

Man I was waiting for someone to ask this question!!!! It seems like everytime I get on here there is nothing new, ever. The new format did/doesnt like the computer here at work so it takes FOREVER to load a page or put down a reply so I myself kinda stopped. I really liked the old format when it was fast and simple. Still the greatest site for information. :way:

I should shoulder much of the blame ... first of all I haven't committed a fraction of the time that I was once able to on the site. My priorities have changed over the years - I used to spend countless hours on the site and now with 3 boys my time is extremely limited.

I knew the format and site conversion would slow things down ... sometimes you have to take a step back to move two steps forward. Yet the format changes did not go as planned and it has been a struggle. I still have a goal of finishing up and migrating our old photo Gallery by mid September. I hope all of the new functionality will eventually be worth the pain everyone has gone through :grin:

I also need to get back into the routine of posting and sharing information with you guys :way:

Well said OneCam. Nothing will get things rolling on here again like deer season. It can't come soon enough.

I should shoulder much of the blame ... first of all I haven't committed a fraction of the time that I was once able to on the site. My priorities have changed over the years - I used to spend countless hours on the site and now with 3 boys my time is extremely limited.

Yea, it's your fault!!! :grin:

It will pick back up boyz. Following my 7 year old playing baseball all summer and a daughter that is just starting tball, boating, fishing, shooting, work, ect... We are running in different directions... Need school to start and the NW wind to start blowing to get back to normal in a month or two. Everyone will be back. No falling out, until muddy tries to hide my climbing sticks he has had since the classic... :moon:

The new format was necessary because eventually the old format would have come to a screeching halt and instead of learning a new system you would have been doing without iowawhitetail.

Been here since it started and I aint goin anywhere... :way:

For those of you who feel its hard to upload pics and such, get a photbucket account. Upload them to photobucket and then just copy and paste the image code into your iowawhitetail post. Posting pictures is easier ....
Exactly, another one is imageshack. EASY.:drink2:

I knew the format and site conversion would slow things down ... sometimes you have to take a step back to move two steps forward. Yet the format changes did not go as planned and it has been a struggle. I still have a goal of finishing up and migrating our old photo Gallery by mid September. I hope all of the new functionality will eventually be worth the pain everyone has gone through :grin:

I also need to get back into the routine of posting and sharing information with you guys :way:
This format is exactly like AT, Elite, Huntnet, and a host of other forums, so I guess I don't quite understand others not getting it or saying it is hard:confused: ; maybe no one belings to those forums??? My photo gallery was a breeze to set up, exactly like on those mentioned sites above, and I have been using Photobucket and Imageshack for years to post pics in threads. They are super easy to use and free guys.

Other forums???:D
Yea, without AT I wouldn't have found out about a Lone Wolf treestand sale this winter where I bought a Hand climber for $100 off or I wouldn't own my favorite blind of all, my ASAT, and many other products....and I wouldn't have found out about Elite Archery or the new Strother archery. Elites are the best I have shot to date, so this new Strothers ,I have no doubt will be excellent. By hopping around, I learn a lot. I learn from one, that another doesn't teach, and vice versa. Lots of knowledge to be had on these hunting forums, or the net for that matter. They are all good and all have their ups and downs.

Yea, without AT I wouldn't have found out about a Lone Wolf treestand sale this winter where I bought a Hand climber for $100 off or I wouldn't own my favorite blind of all, my ASAT, and many other products....and I wouldn't have found out about Elite Archery or the new Strother archery. Elites are the best I have shot to date, so this new Strothers ,I have no doubt will be excellent. By hopping around, I learn a lot. I learn from one, that another doesn't teach, and vice versa. Lots of knowledge to be had on these hunting forums, or the net for that matter. They are all good and all have their ups and downs.

Pretty sure he was joking Don. He is on AT quite a bit. :way:

Sounds like the ticket, unfortunately photobucket is blocked here at work and this is my only connection to the net. Is there anywhere on the site that runs through an explanation of how to utilize the IW photo upload process?....something like what Muddy had posted on the previous format would be a huge help.

After this post I looked at my info on left and seen that I had 6 images....found the pics I couldn't find before. I think everything will pickup back to normal when season rolls around and computer illiterate folks like me manage to bumble through it enough to learn the new format.

Last edited:
About the only advise I can give for photos hosted here is this..................................
After you jump through the hoops to create your album, BOOKMARK IT !!!!!
This will save you much grief finding it again.
From there it's straight forward, simply open photo, right click and in properties copy the URL. Come back to your post and paste the image URL after clicking on the yellow box with the mountains above.:way:

I know I'm not a HUGE contributor, but I feel I do my part as best I can. I post, I create threads...usually fishing in the summer and a few 'bout hunting in the fall. I haven't been around very long, so I really don't know of a lot of the "old-timers'' you guys speak of. The new format has been tricky, but I've made the transtition with minimal time available on the site. I still love IW though and will continue to pay my dues. I would, however, like to see this site hopping like you all say it used to. BRING IT ON!!!

Top Bottom