Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

450 Bushmaster AR Pistol in Late Muzzleloader

If the DNR wants to stop AR pistols all they have to do is limit overall weapon length or barrel lengths. For instance if you say that barrels have to be longer than 4", but no longer than 6" then you'd pretty much eliminate AR pistols. Shortest barrel length I've seen is 7.5". I'm sure some moron could also on a shorter barrel, but those ballistics would be garbage.

You are right the ballistics and accuracy would probably suck. There are already 4” barrels out there. Haven’t seen any for the 450BM or 350 Legend yet.

As far as I heard it was. The “pistol” guys have bought that I’ve seen sure looked like regular AR’s to me but they were recorded as pistols & the stocks were a little different. Longer barrels & they shot them out past 200 yards. Don’t think a thing has changed since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I heard it was. The “pistol” guys have bought that I’ve seen sure looked like regular AR’s to me but they were recorded as pistols & the stocks were a little different. Longer barrels & they shot them out past 200 yards. Don’t think a thing has changed since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The “lower” of an AR is what defines the gun as a pistol or rifle. With a “pistol” lower, there are no barrel length requirements by the ATF. That is something the state needs to address. (Max barrel length) Honestly, I’ve considered buying a pistol lower because of this loophole.

The “lower” of an AR is what defines the gun as a pistol or rifle. With a “pistol” lower, there are no barrel length requirements by the ATF. That is something the state needs to address. (Max barrel length) Honestly, I’ve considered buying a pistol lower because of this loophole.
You also need a brace attached to a pistol AR for it to be a pistol and cannot have a vertical fore grip on it. Putting a stock on a gun with overall barrel length under 16" requires a tax stamp for an SBR. Any stripped lower you buy will typically be designated as, "other" which means it can be classified as a pistol or rifle, but be sure to specify when you process it with your FFL and seller.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I don’t believe a “brace” is required. You can purchase them with only the buffer tube and they are still a pistol. That is why there was so much confusion on brace design. It is not supposed to be shouldered but when you put a brace on, it makes it almost natural to do so. The ATF has declined a lot of designs because of that.

I don’t believe a “brace” is required. You can purchase them with only the buffer tube and they are still a pistol. That is why there was so much confusion on brace design. It is not supposed to be shouldered but when you put a brace on, it makes it almost natural to do so. The ATF has declined a lot of designs because of that.
You're right, you don't have to put a brace on one for it to be a pistol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So are these pistols still "legal" to use for iowa late season muzzeloader season? And what's it have to be for it to be legal?

Top Bottom