Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Big Bear!!!!!

jkratz5

Not sure if this has been posted or not or if the story is true but the photo is absolutely cool. The story I got was the girl is 9-years old who harvested this bad boy, bear is reportedly a new record brown bear. Even if it isn't a record it is awesome harvest.

4534bear171cropped1copy-med.JPG

Imagine that skull bleached out sitting in the trophy room! "Is that a bear skull or a T-Rex?"
grin.gif

Taken from B&C's website:

"Fern Spaulding was hunting with her dad, Larry Rivers, in May of 2006 when she downed this outstanding Alaska brown bear with a 32-yard shot from a .375 H&H. At only 10 years old, she likely weighed less than half of the hide alone, which weighed 197 lbs.
Email rumors had this bear scoring 33-1/16. The World's Record, taken by Roy Lindsley on Kodiak Island in 1952, scores 30-12/16.
The true score is finally known. This bear has been officially measured at 29-1/16, which is still an incredible trophy, and exceeds the 28-inch All-Time minimum by a healthy margin. The bear's hide "squared" 11' 8" according to Larry. Congratulations to Fern for taking an exceptional trophy!"

Wow!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

That bear would be able to hear my heart pounding at that close of range!

I'll stick to deer. that thing could eat me and I am not small.

Her first shot was at 32 yards and went under the spine. She followed up with a heart shot at 112 yards. Darn good shooting. Taking one of those with stickbow is my dream hunt!

That little girl has killed a few big critters in Africa already as well as that bear....I think we'll see more of her to come in the future...

I'm pretty much planning to shoot one just like that in Ontario this fall... give or take several hundred pounds.

I wonder if the you shoot it, you drag it rule applied here? Also, you kill it, you gut it rule????
laugh.gif

Top Bottom