Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company
Would it be too late to broadcast some white clover this weekend since it is supposed to rain sunday, monday and tuesday?

The clover I put down the past 2 1/2 weeks hasn't done nothing still can see the seed in lots of spots. So you definitely should be fine. Might catch some rain too.

The clover I planted last year is also coming up pretty good. The new clover has not yet come up. When do you guys spray your clover for broadleaf and grass when spraying an established plot and also when spraying a new plot? Can you spray for both at the same time?

The clover I planted last year is also coming up pretty good. The new clover has not yet come up. When do you guys spray your clover for broadleaf and grass when spraying an established plot and also when spraying a new plot? Can you spray for both at the same time?

I'm just leaving mine, I'll mow it. Seems to do fine after mowing.

Spray seperate. I don't spray for broad leaves though cause mowing usually does enough and clover chokes most else out. So - clethodim & crop oil is only thing I spray and I'm not thinking about it at all right now. If in a month there's thick grass- blast away.

U can spray now if u want. Won't hurt anything. On any newly germinated plant- the more established the better but clover is an exception in that it can tolerate almost anything (including roundup) & Pop back. The only thing clover can't tolerate is horrible drought. That's about it. Spray away if it's urgent.

Read crop oil label. Some crop oil labels or types are "hotter" than others. Or basically consider it more concentrated. So, just read the label off the jug u buy. Some, you'll match the amount of clethodim you put in or even more (say a quart) and others you may back off. Clethodim amounts, above will do you. 16% be fine. I go up to 20% sometimes. Water volume is also something else to consider- with clethodim & crop oil, I prefer to put on higher water volumes to saturate grass. For example, if I could put down the same amount of herbicide with 20 gallons or 40 gallons, I'd choose 40 gallons. Just an FYI. Don't mow grass right now either that you're gonna spray in your clover. (I doubt anyone would anyways).
Looks good TH, give it a few more weeks and that's gonna be tremendous.

How is everybody's clover coming up? Established and newly frost seeded? My established is coming up great but the newly frost seeded isn't up yet as of two weeks ago when I last checked.

How is everybody's clover coming up? Established and newly frost seeded? My established is coming up great but the newly frost seeded isn't up yet as of two weeks ago when I last checked.

Established clover has been green for a while and is growing great! Didn't frost seed anything year so I can't comment on that.

Mine is the same as yours. But I will be checking again tomorrow. Lack of rain may be the problem.

I plated some clover two weeks ago and it's up good but I wanted to ask you guys I'm sure it's somewhere on here but I can't find it what can I spray on it to kill the weeds but not hurt the clover and turnips?

I'm in southcentral PA....here are some clover and clover/rye pics from March 27th and April 11th. What a difference a few weeks can make...

The first plot was planted with the Dbltree mix a few days before Labor Day 2014. The second picture is a logging road that we planted with rye, oats, and white clover in mid-August of 2013.

March 27th:

April 11th:

March 27th:

April 11th:

Top Bottom