Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company
Where do folks get their Kopu II clover? I'm in west central MO and can't seem to find it.

This is the mix I'm going to plant fall with some cereal rye:

Crimson
Balansa
Alice White
Kopu II
Medium Red

Any suggestion on the rates of each?
Welter seed has carried it. Some places u can google like Hancock seed will have it too. Lots of places.

• Deleted by Sligh1
Show…
Question about Clovers.
Is there anyone (that you know of) that has planted clovers of different varieties in strip alongside each other (apples to apples) to see what deer gravitate towards?

For years I've planted straight Ladino and the deer love it.

I checked it last night and seems to be working. Plenty dead in some spots and definitely browning up in others. The bummer is my frost seeded clover isn't really coming up, must've gotten too shaded out or else didn't get good seed to soil contact. Looks like I will be starting over this fall.
when you sprayed it, was it freshly cut or more mature grasses?

when you sprayed it, was it freshly cut or more mature grasses?
I had cut it probably three weeks prior. Certainly wasn't mature grasses but also wasn't super short either.

I have since nuked it with gly, plot will be turnips/radishes in the middle, clover/alfalfa/chicory/winter rye on the perimeter.

Question on spraying Cleth and Butyrac on young clover. I have sprayed it quite a bit on mature clover but never young. Late spring this year I drilled clover around timber edges. It ranges from 2” to 6” tall but has not spread yet (can still easily see drill rows). It is really weedy with both grass and broadleaf. Can I spray it now or do I need to wait a bit until it matures?

Sorry if this has been posted recently but been too busy to read much. Is it too early to plant Clover and Winter Rye Sunday? I don't get a lot of free days but also don't want to mistime it.

Sorry if this has been posted recently but been too busy to read much. Is it too early to plant Clover and Winter Rye Sunday? I don't get a lot of free days but also don't want to mistime it.
No you're good. One of the best ways to establish clover is to mix it into your fall seed mix.

I’m trying to get some clover plots going. This one I drilled last fall with a clover/brassicas mix from GreenCover. Then over seeded in Sept with a little bit of rye. I let it go this summer, to give shade to the clover.

Last Saturday, I sowed some more clover (after which we got 1.5” of rain this week!) then mowed it a couple days ago. Lots of foxtail and other grasses. Not seeing as much clover as I had hoped.

I’m thinking I may spray with clethodim this weekend.

Any insight into how to get this plot thriving?

610ca7db4805c32350ba7014c230d01c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m trying to get some clover plots going. This one I drilled last fall with a clover/brassicas mix from GreenCover. Then over seeded in Sept with a little bit of rye. I let it go this summer, to give shade to the clover.

Last Saturday, I sowed some more clover (after which we got 1.5” of rain this week!) then mowed it a couple days ago. Lots of foxtail and other grasses. Not seeing as much clover as I had hoped.

I’m thinking I may spray with clethodim this weekend.

Any insight into how to get this plot thriving?

610ca7db4805c32350ba7014c230d01c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see any clover. I would nuke the CSG with gly, disc or till the field, broadcast rye, cultipack, broadcast clover seed and cultipack again.

Tiny seed likes a prepared seedbed.

Top Bottom