Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coronavirus/Stock Market

Status
  • Deleted by Hardwood11
  • Reason: Politics
Biden had no impact :rolleyes:
Oil is going away then ? So my neighbor just bought a $150,000 pontoon with a very fuel efficient 4 stroke engine.
One of my farmer friends just bought a $600,000 combine.

These will be replaced when by electric pontoons and combines ? When and how ?

Your party is also pushing to get rid of beef? You support that ?
It's not 'my party'. I'm just trying to provide perspective for those who automatically blame the other side of the isle without trying to understand both sides.

EIA absolutely forecasts slowed growth in oil demand as alternative fuel demand outpaces ICE. Doesn't mean your Chevy Silverado is going to be obsolete (I think you know that and you're being facetious), but there is no doubt a trend in which states and federal policy are mandating fuel efficiency standards and transition away from fossil fuel dependency. BTW, the next administration won't roll that back as evident by big car manufactures (Ford, GM, etc.) moving forward with fuel efficiency standards despite Trump trying to roll them back. I think it's hard to argue that is a bad thing, right? to transition away from oil dependency and into cleaner alternatives.

And yes, still very much an in-progress effort but large equipment manufactures such as John Deere are already making & prototyping electric tractors and combines as they're aware of the forecasted demand and mandates.

We will always need plenty of oil and I’m a big investor in oil stocks. We obviously are on the opposite side of the political spectrum!!

I’ve made my points, good luck to you and keep those batteries charged!

Last edited:
It's not 'my party'. I'm just trying to provide perspective for those who automatically blame the other side of the isle without trying to understand both sides.

EIA absolutely forecasts slowed growth in oil demand as alternative fuel demand outpaces ICE. Doesn't mean your Chevy Silverado is going to be obsolete (I think you know that and you're being facetious), but there is no doubt a trend in which states and federal policy are mandating fuel efficiency standards and transition away from fossil fuel dependency. BTW, the next administration won't roll that back as evident by big car manufactures (Ford, GM, etc.) moving forward with fuel efficiency standards despite Trump trying to roll them back. I think it's hard to argue that is a bad thing, right? to transition away from oil dependency and into cleaner alternatives.

And yes, still very much an in-progress effort but large equipment manufactures such as John Deere are already making & prototyping electric tractors and combines as they're aware of the forecasted demand and mandates.
These companies can prototype til they are blue in the face. The government can set dates and look good to the green crowd. One major issue remains. Where is all this energy coming from to charge all these vehicles? How is the grid going to handle the load? Where is the money coming from to fund upgrades to the grid? On top of that I don't know one big farmer (or small farmer) willing to take the risk to run an electric combine that will probably cost 750k in a limited harvest window. I have an electric golf cart and even keeping that going in season can be an issue. I have a weed eater, pole saw and push mower that are electric and run time is way below advertised. Maybe they should try to refine on a smaller scale so that small equipment can be used efficiently first before diving into advancements that are way out of reach.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

These companies can prototype til they are blue in the face. The government can set dates and look good to the green crowd. One major issue remains. Where is all this energy coming from to charge all these vehicles? How is the grid going to handle the load? Where is the money coming from to fund upgrades to the grid? On top of that I don't know one big farmer (or small farmer) willing to take the risk to run an electric combine that will probably cost 750k in a limited harvest window. I have an electric golf cart and even keeping that going in season can be an issue. I have a weed eater, pole saw and push mower that are electric and run time is way below advertised. Maybe they should try to refine on a smaller scale so that small equipment can be used efficiently first before diving into advancements that are way out of reach.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
It will follow the adoption lifecycle like all new major tech advancements.

It will follow the adoption lifecycle like all new major tech advancements.
OK, let's take LED lightbulb for example.
When they first came out, they were unpleasing to the eye and cost about $20 a bulb, and didn't last all that long.

However, they made some people feel good about conserving energy and so a few people bought them, but the majority of us did not. It didn't make sense.

Fast forward 20 years and LED light bulbs are cheap, they last forever, and there is a multitude brightness and color ranges to choose from not to mention the energy savings. Why would you buy anything else? It only makes sense.

On what planet does it make sense to spend more for electricity (yes, wind and solar have HUGE economic challenges) to run inferior electric products?

Answer: No where. Technology, free markets, and free people need to decide that electric is better than hydrocarbons, not the federal government. That day may or may not come, but Joe Biden and his crackhead kid have no business telling me I can't burn fuel and use the resources on God's green earth.

• Deleted by sure shot
Show…
Obama had a better S&P 500 stock market return … by .2% in 8 years …

Trump smoked him on the NASDAQ (his average return is 24%)

The stock market started going up under Trump (you saw it) crazy good numbers . Without the Coronavirus he would have easily set the overall record .

Is the President the only factor, no .. but in the case with Trump (growth, lower taxes, 5 trade deals, low unemployment, lowest minority unemployment, corporate business confidence at all time highs—the booming NASDAQ (the push to invest in the USA—not China) It all led to the best economic metrics the US has had in 50 years (according to CNBC)!
Cutting corporate taxes by 40% and expecting anything other than huge profits would have been asinine. Of course the markets performed great, until he fumbled COVID. The early missteps of downplaying it and the massive stock market crash that followed his short sided calculation cost him the election.

We will always need plenty of oil and I’m a big investor in oil stocks. We obviously are on the opposite side of the political spectrum!!

I'm heavy on oil right now too. I went huge on health care stocks in march 2020 and made bank. Then, as everything opened up, I shifting heavy to energy/oil and made bank again. In the past three years, I've nearly tripled my portfolio. Still trying to figure out my next move.

Where is your source for John Deere electric combine? That's not true. John Deere has electric compact tractors, not 8R's.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Appreciate the civil debate! Always good to hear others' POV no matter if they're different or similar. Good luck this fall!!

Cutting corporate taxes by 40% and expecting anything other than huge profits would have been asinine. Of course the markets performed great, until he fumbled COVID. The early missteps of downplaying it and the massive stock market crash that followed his short sided calculation cost him the election.
Listening to Fauci was a huge mistake . Having him on the staff, hiring Barr, the FBI director Wray … terrible mistakes!

The market actually finished up 20% in 2020… it rallied 70%! The drop was only temporary.

What beat Trump was the late night fake ballot dumps . Biden somehow got 70% + of ballots after the election night.

Trump was ahead by 700,000 votes in Pennsylvania with 1.44 million ballots remaining and lost . Statistically impossible.

Where is your source for John Deere electric combine? That's not true. John Deere has electric compact tractors, not 8R's.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah, you're right...not at the combine size; moreso for specialty harvest tractors. Not much of a focus for the 100+ hp models; more focused on autonomous driving systems. I believe their CTO has mentioned it's not viable for those really large models but for those tractors under 100hp they are in the works (I guess I consider that large still).

JD has committed to 'a future with zero emissions propulsion systems'. They acquired Kreisel Electric in 2021 with expectations to electrify more of their lineup so I think they're certainly heading in that direction but probably not expediting it to the level of consumer vehicles.

Listening to Fauci was a huge mistake . Having him on the staff, hiring Barr, the FBI director Wray … terrible mistakes!

The market actually finished up 20% in 2020… it rallied 70%! The drop was only temporary.

What beat Trump was the late night fake ballot dumps . Biden somehow got 70% + of ballots after the election night.

Trump was ahead by 700,000 votes in Pennsylvania with 1.44 million ballots remaining and lost . Statistically impossible.
Completely incorrect on it being statistically impossible. Historically, one party heavily outperformed the other in a absentee ballots. The 2020 election cycle further amplified that historical gap when one embraced them and the other pushed against them. This was another example of shooting themselves in the foot (Georgia Senate race was another disaster)

Rather than pretending COVID didn't exist and downplaying it, trump could have taken the lead internationally from the onset. He was shortsighted, worrying about a temporary dip in the markets rather than playing the long game. His tiny ego couldn't handle a tiny defeat to win the war. He failed when he could have led.

If you think all the Biden votes are all legit … well I guess strongly agree to disagree.

Biden won the fewest counties of any President—but somehow got 13 million more votes than Obama.

The Mule video, the taping up the counting areas, the video of the ballot drop offs, the Post office report on thousands of ballots transported from NY to Pennsylvania. The Minnesota video of the ballot stuffers saying he gets $50 per ballot .

How about the Kari Lake (Arizona) fiasco ? You think Hobbs won legitimately??

It will happen again. Just watch Trump or DeSantis will be way ahead then magically just enough votes will appear in the week following the election—mail on ballots . So easy to fake, one guy/gal can dump 50 fakes in at a time. Guaranteed, the steal will be on again !

By 'tapping the breaks on energy production' you mean shifting towards renewable energy, that was long overdue. Trying to standup a failing coal industry is bad for everyone in the long-term. I'd rather my great grandkids have a somewhat habitable environment for any short-term disruption that it may cause.
Why is it that you feel a shift to "renewable" energy is "long overdue"? I have yet to hear a reasonable argument for replacing cheap and reliable fuel with a weather dependent energy source. Did I miss a headline somewhere?

I think your grandkids are looking at hard times if they have to depend on the wind blowing or the sun shining so the car can be plugged in. That car would be the vehicle that gets them to work for a paycheck, traded for food that was hopefully delivered to the market if the weather offered enough electricity to get the delivery truck there.....

You think there was supply chain issues during COVID? You haven't seen anything until you strap a world super power with electric mandates.

This only ends with dead people and total government control. Delightful.

Last edited:
If you think all the Biden votes are all legit … well I guess strongly agree to disagree.

Biden won the fewest counties of any President—but somehow got 13 million more votes than Obama.

The Mule video, the taping up the counting areas, the video of the ballot drop offs, the Post office report on thousands of ballots transported from NY to Pennsylvania. The Minnesota video of the ballot stuffers saying he gets $50 per ballot .

How about the Kari Lake (Arizona) fiasco ? You think Hobbs won legitimately??

It will happen again. Just watch Trump or DeSantis will be way ahead then magically just enough votes will appear in the week following the election—mail on ballots . So easy to fake, one guy/gal can dump 50 fakes in at a time. Guaranteed, the steal will be on again !
SIMPLE math yields the 13 million more votes. The US population had grown by roughly 35 million. If Biden gets 40% of those, that's 14mil

SIMPLE math also yields the count from mail in ballots. For states that counted those first (like Iowa), a very similar ratio was in place. The only difference was when the counting occurred. Some states count mail in ballots first, others after. As soon as I knew the number of outstanding ballots to be counted in Pennsylvania, I knew he carried the state. SIMPLE math, but maybe my background in stats/finance make it feel so easy

Finally, mail in ballots are barcoded to each voter, they aren't faked. They have been examined over and over by numerous republican led efforts with no evidence of fraud. Go back to the hand recounts done in Arizona/Nevada that were fully overseen by republican hired, independent outfits. Those too revealed ZERO ballot stuffing.

Back on topic, hope your investments are doing well. Mine remain on an terrific run.
And, hope you have successful fall/winter hunts.

SIMPLE math yields the 13 million more votes. The US population had grown by roughly 35 million. If Biden gets 40% of those, that's 14mil
You raise an interesting point here, so I checked on your numbers.

2012 population was ~316 million.
2020 population was ~336 million.

This is a growth of 20 million, not 35 million.

Not all are eligible voters. 22% are minors.

Minus the minors, we're down to 15.6 million eligible voters.

But wait....not everyone that is eligible voted. 2020 was reported as 66% voter turnout.

66% of 15.6 million is 10.5 million.

Here is the part where I become very generous and give Biden 50% of the population growth votes.

A whopping 5.25 million votes. That's a HUGE difference from the 14 million your simple math yielded.

Wapsi… the math does not add up ! Pennsylvania Republicans issued a formal statement as more votes came in for Biden in certain precincts then actual registered voters. The report by the postal service on pre-filled ballots coming from NY to Pennsylvania is an official report, but not reported at all by the mainstream media ! I’ll bet 9 out of 10 on here never heard of it . It’s total fraud !

When statistical experts analyze the election, it doesn’t add up . You won’t see the results on the mainstream media as they hide it from the public .

They call it “The Big Lie” !! The huge lie is that Biden was popular and that he won with legitimate voters . Remember recounts don’t verify if the votes are legit voters !!! That’s huge.

Biden didn’t campaign much, because they knew the fix was in.

Status
  • Deleted by Hardwood11
  • Reason: Politics
Top Bottom