Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Digital Home Brew

OneCam

Well guys I received my digital Olympus D-380 today so I've officially started the Digital Home Brew trail cam venture. With help from vman and jessie's hunting page I should be able to put this unit out in the timber in a few weeks.

Wish me luck.
waytogo.gif

Tracker, we've probably looked at some of the same cameras.

FYI - I'm ciadeals. Please don't outbid me.
icon_rolleyes[1].gif

finally got a camera, eh OneCam??

the bidding wars are fun to watch in the chatroom.

as vman so eloquently put it LoL

I got one the other day.Might start the box and circuits this weekend.Hope this isn't too nerve racking.

All i can say is plan, plan and plan some more. Take your time and it will come out ok.

Are you guys using your own boards or are you using a premade board like from Pixcontroller.com.

I was plannign on building the 380 and too found the bidding pretty fierce.... Are all these folks building deer cams????

What do you guys think of the new boards from Pix???????I plan to build 3,,,, 380 deer cams as they cut the board price down to 60 bucks a peaice when you buy 3 at a time.

The standard deer cam I built last winter works good but you would be surprised how many times modifications will make it even better.

Like Vman said, plan, plan and then drink a beer and plan some more.

Gritty

Started the building process yesterday afternoon.Some items I have noticed a must, small tip on soidering gun,small soider, some type of vice/holder with two clips on it to hold items in place until fastened.The wire size seems to be an issue as I have ran out of what I had, and would like to improve on the next project.Would be nice to use the small wire you pull out of phones.
Was scratching my head yesterday as I ate ice cream/soidered and looked at Jesse's page.There was a link to go to pix,really like the video camera idea!!!!

Went back to ebay this morning after downloading the lanc page of videocameras that will work, am currently watching about ten that end this afternoon.If I can land one around $100, then I will be on my way to building my first video cam.

The wiring on the pix lanc board looks to be easier than brians x10 chip that you make a couple of modifications on.

I also see pix makes a card that works for the digital cameras.I guess I will have to build a few to see if there is any major advantage over the other.
Really starting to get into this, it can be addicting!

I use the X-10 senser, and Hags opto boards. All for $25. In my mind this is the way to go. It is better on power consuption and it fits into my cases better.

As far as wire, i use cat5 telephone wire for all my hookups. Buy 20 feet of that stuff and youll have enough wire to build a hundred cams.

Started in on the bidding wars for a camcorder.
Man, everyone must have been looking Sunday night because things really went high.I noticed some of these camcorders have a night shoot feature.Does anyone own one of these, and if you do can you turn them onto night shoot and just leave them there?I would imagine pictures may be grainy during daytime, but most movement should be at low light hours.

Vman, thanks for tip on cat5, will pick up on Monday.

Tracker,
I use a sony camcorder that has a night shot feature. I also use a controller board that has a night shot servor that turns the cameras night shot feature on when needed. The system batteries will very in how long they last. It depends on how much the system is used and how much the IR illuminator is on.
My best is one-two weeks.

What's up guys,
I'm going to start a digital homebrew here shortly and I was wondering if you guys recommended a certain model. I saw that Jesse has the plans for the canon s110, what do you think? My price range is between 100-250.

Thanks,

BT

olympus in either the D-370 model, or the D-380. Best bet is Ebay since both models have been discontuned.

Not sure what the price for the Canon D380 is bringing, but I saw them at Office Depot for $97.
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
893camouflage-thumb[1].gif

Bullwinkle, do you know of an office depot that has them in stock? An electronics store hear in cedar rapids has some 380s in stock. I tried to get them to match a price from wal-mart but they wouldn't do it since wal-mart didn't have any more in stock (I'd already bought them all). If I can find a price from a store that has them in stock they said they'll match it.

Top Bottom