Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Digital Home Brew

After careful examination under a magnifying glass I have discovered a burnout in the ultra bright soldered area.I had a hard time removing the red led and probably kept the heat on that area too long.What a bummer!!!
frown.gif

Now I need to pick up another x10 board and fast!!!

Tracker,

Can you fix the area on the circuit board? I broke a trace around the LED when I was building one of mine. I was able to add a little extra wire to replace the broken trace. You may be able run a short wire across the burned out area?

I need to have some type of reference or picture. I don't remember what the area looked like when I took it apart.
It looks like there are 3-4 circuits that come through that area and I don't know if they connect or just pass through.

I tried to patch board with no luck.Went ahead and bought motion detector board on ebay.Soldering tools are better, shouldn't have problem again.Was surprised to find PIX board here in mail box already for video cam unit. Only took around half an hour to assemble electronics.Most of the work is already done for you.If somebody is lacking soldering skills and wants to build these units, then this is the way to go.It is more expensive though.I guess it will be a waiting game to see which unit gets finished first.

Even with the minor setback, still have saved alot of money verses buying a completed unit from a company.

I'm finally done!
peace.gif

It only took a month but I'm in business with my first digital homebrew. I actually have 3 others I'm working on as well, my wife says I have a problem
nono.gif
smokin.gif

I was running late today getting the cam in the woods and had a nice buck actually come be within 20 yards as I was testing the sensor. Hopefully I catch him on film.
waytogo.gif

Hello,
My name is Vman and Im a camaholic. Its ok if you admitt it right?

Congrats on getting it done. Cant wait to see the pics?

I haven't checked in in a while, I've had the video unit out for almost a week with just some fawns on it, just got the digital camera straightened out and completed so it's only been out for a couple days.Man, I made the digital camera job more work than it really is.Have some film off the 35mm that I need to take to wallyworld and see if this widebody my wife saw is on film.I talked to a guy today that says he saw a monster the other night standing by the road, but not in my area,said he is really big!!

Top Bottom