Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting room/Man Cave/Man Bar

The stone was a pain!! It's the same cultured stone I put on the front of our house and swore I'd never do it again. Framed the bottom half of the wall normal and flat studded the top half so I could have the shed shelf.

I'm doing mine all with free/recycled materials. Barnboard, galvanized steal from an old shed, scrap stone siding materials.

Here is a portion of my cave. I went with a two-tone color scheme separated by a outdoor theme mid-wall border. Top half is light brown and the bottom is hunter green. Really was a big step up from the off-white walls that preceded this update.

f8007d80.jpg

This is about 1/3 of the L shaped room. I also angled the outside corners of the basement when I fir-stripped them so I could place mounts in the corners.

That NT is sweet!!! :way::way:

I'm doing what doublerack mentioned in my basement ...

B15FCF2C-E5F9-4995-9A28-F4083423A8BE-9679-000008A3D2F4F637.jpg

BEE09FB8-DB9F-4CAF-AAAF-A21FB4DCF976-9679-000008A3D7CDA4FB.jpg

And I still have some work to go on this wall and a custom bar install.

50E00F10-AB43-457D-8E43-719B7C3025A6-9679-000008A3DCFC17BC.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Sweet card table in your last pic Onecam!! ;) I guess it isn't hard to tell where the funds dried up! :D

But seriously, some of you guys have some awesome rooms, it makes me very envious!

OneCam said:

Totally taking this idea! This is sweet!

B15FCF2C-E5F9-4995-9A28-F4083423A8BE-9679-000008A3D2F4F637.jpg

BEE09FB8-DB9F-4CAF-AAAF-A21FB4DCF976-9679-000008A3D7CDA4FB.jpg

50E00F10-AB43-457D-8E43-719B7C3025A6-9679-000008A3DCFC17BC.jpg

This is it Nick, put a bar in and it can't get any better. Awesome Onecam!

I'd like to see more of that or a bigger pic if you've got anything else maher2215. That looks neat. Really like yours as well OneCam

Looking good Chris.

Last year I opened up the basement some and added this. Still have to finish the sink.

ForumRunner_20130214_144405.jpg

vman said:
Looking good Chris.

Last year I opened up the basement some and added this. Still have to finish the sink.

I want to have a room like this one day. Mayb w a hot tub in it for the women im not having to entertain tonite. Uve got to have something to do while waiting on hunting season to roll bk around

My wife and I have been wanting to turn our basement into a family room/man cave for the last six years ... that's right, SIX YEARS. UGH. This past fall we finally began setting the whole thing into motion. Though it looked extremely rough we could see the potential. One upshot with this room is that it has a wood burning fireplace and a knotty pine wall that were already in place! Mostly, we had always just used it for storage. Here's a shot of it last October after we'd taken down the old cardboard tile ceiling and taken up the old, nasty tile floor ...
picture.php

picture.php

Fast forward four months and I'm finally starting to decorate! Within the next week we'll move the furniture downstairs, slap a TV on the wall and viola ... new family room/man cave! Here are a few shots of where I'm at with it now ...
picture.php

My son, Noah, helping me sort my matched sets the other night ... he was lots of help! I'll be hanging them on either side of the fireplace on the two vertical beams.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Noah was also instrumental in helping me dust off my mounts before they got hung on the wall ...
picture.php

I'll post some more pics here next week to show you the final product ... much more to come. To say we're excited to have this extra living space would be the understatement of the YEAR!!!

-Longspurs-

Last edited:
Nice transformation Ben! Can't believe how much Noah has grown too! You guys all motivate me to get started on my basement project soon. I need to get walls framed up and spray foam done before I can get to serious. Maybe this spring.

Top Bottom