Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for a new Broadhead...

Wow, sounds and looks about the same as my shot...I bought my broadheads out of Mills Fleet Farm so I assume they werent knockoffs but will be checking them all when I get home vs a brand new pack sitting there too.
With all the suggestions..... are you confused yet:D

Montec G5. I've never had a fixed head fail me. I've had a few mechanical heads fail, so I'll never use another. I've also bought some of the knock-off G5's through bulk buying from ebay (China), and haven't received a bad one yet. They need to be sharpened on diamond plates, but for the $$$ saved, they're worth it. Awesome design and will never fail you.

My suggestion - go to a couple local archery pro-shops (not box stores) and talk with their professionals to see which ones are working best for their customers.
Guarantee you will see a pattern emerge on which ones work well all the time and are super tough and which ones they constantly hear about failing, breaking, bending etc.
There is a lot of gimmicky junk out there I will not even sell in my shop - just because a TV hunter promotes something doesn't make it good.

My suggestion - go to a couple local archery pro-shops (not box stores) and talk with their professionals to see which ones are working best for their customers.
Guarantee you will see a pattern emerge on which ones work well all the time and are super tough and which ones they constantly hear about failing, breaking, bending etc.
There is a lot of gimmicky junk out there I will not even sell in my shop - just because a TV hunter promotes something doesn't make it good.

How about sharing the good and bad from you and your customer's experience? Thanks

I've been shooting Magnus Buzzcuts for 3-4 years or so. I have no plans of switching anytime soon. I have them on the end of some Easton FMJs and I've never not had a complete pass through. They fly great and I believe Magnus will still replace any broadhead you break, so they truly stand by their product. Blood trails have been good but to be honest I don't remember a time I've ever really needed to follow one with the FMJ/buzzcut combo. I've watched everything fall within 40 yards. Like shooting deer with a hellfire missile.

How about sharing the good and bad from you and your customer's experience? Thanks

The issue I have with calling out some of the broadheads we see fail on a regular basis would be that it is sure to be someones favorite head that they "have never had problems with" and will start a big argument or other issues. I would be happy to discuss privately if you want to call the shop.

Out of all the broadheads I have ever shot or tried and with hundreds of happy customers and never a single failure on an animal ever reported to me ,
I will let you know that I shoot Exodus and have no reason to switch - I'm always studying new offerings and haven't located an head yet that I would consider switching to.
Accurate, Durable, Very Sharp, Super Tough, Fairly Priced, Great Customer Service and extremely Dependable.

2212050_15031108565141_is

I was also a Slick Trick Magnum believer, but this year I went Slick Trick Wicked Trick - 3 kills, all dropped within sight. Love em.

This is the Jackson’s lucky day!! After reading your post I remembered I bought something like them if I still had them for the boys eons ago.
I checked before going to the daily grind. I have 5-6 heads with two boxes of blades.
Hum... these must be like gold now that they are no longer produced..... so I would trade these for 3 Iron Wills:cool: ...... okay this probably isn’t a fair trade :D:D
Joking aside I have enough IWs;)
I’ll let you and DH93 fight over them.
I’ll see that you get them either at the IBA spring banquet or my son can hand them over at church.
Thanks Ishi!! Those 36 more blades mean 12 more shots. Much appreciated.
3d9318a5f75c15332f3e12ba562235f4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

If I lost two deer, the first thing I would figure out, is what did I do wrong??? Not I need a new broadhead....

Spysar X's 2!

I've killed lots of deer with the montec fixed blade G5. I didn't get a great blood trail with them.
I tested many different heads shooting 70 lbs at 20 yards at a 50 gallon steel drum that wasn't rusted. Most heads went through the first side of the drum.
The only head I had go through both sides and keep going was the german kenetic, fixed blade. I was able to keep shooting the same head through both sides of the drum time and time again.Very expensive but the best heads on the market.

The Exodus looks great. I shoot slick Mags. The one thing I would give to the Slick Mags is another blade. Four blades instead of 3. Three might mean better flight but 4 blades means more cutting.

Top Bottom