Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mock Scrape Buck

Ghost

Life Member
Well, after hearing you guys talking about the self scrape freshening technique, I just had to try it. So I tossed down 3 to 4 frosties and headed to the timber with my trail cam. Made a scrape along a fence line and freshened it up a bit and this is what I got.
waytogo.gif

Attachments

• 33305-toscrape.jpg
    33305-toscrape.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 146
He is hitting the scrape right here.
waytogo.gif

Attachments

• 33306-scrape.jpg
    33306-scrape.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 133
AWSOME!!! Great buck. I made a couple of my own "special" scrapes also. Need to go check them out to see if they have been hit.

Looks like a shooter in my book Ghost. Awesome pics and excellent quality. I wish my cams took pics that were that clear. I hope he does not fall victim to the potential big cat in your woods.

If that doesn't prove it I don't know what will. Looks like the Vcam is working well.

Good pics, What are you using for your mock scrapes? I need to try that on these Virginia Deer.
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

This scrape was freshened with pass through Busch Light, about 4 cans works nicely.
evil.gif

Hey Ghost,
will that work with good beer too?
beerchug.gif
Just kiddin' any A. Busch product is good enough! The pics are awesome!
John

Just imagine if you had slammed down 4 sam adams...you would have got an even bigger buck with some mature tastes!!! lol
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Come on now. I have some good bucks romaning the property are you for real?
wall.gif

i wonder how a dew scrape would work since im underage and dont do that
wink.gif
might have to make about 10 scrapes about 20 yards from my tree!!!! now that would be a story and half!!
smile.gif
and people say peeing out of your tree is bad, its only bad if you pee on your steps
wall.gif
goodluck guys!!

Ghostie, you left out some vital information. Can or bottle and what was the born on date? Actually Auggie and I tried the same thing and a bucks been working them pretty hard. Go get him Ghost!
beerchug.gif
waytogo.gif

Next we'll hear how well the pregnant girlfriends wiz works!
I use to wiz in almost every scrape I passed. Some got ripped up soon after. Some not. Perhaps maggs and I should do a scientific study by consuming a variety of beer and deposit it around the County!
beerchug.gif

Never before would I have done it. But, had to go when I got to my stand tonight. Had a perfect spot in front of the stand so I ripped it up with a stick. Busted up a licking branch, and put a little Central Iowa spice to it. 140 inch 8 with 2 stickers reworked it and circled my decoy. Got mad he wouldn't move and walked away frustrated. I am sold.

Well I'm going to assume you all are telling the truth, so I will try it this weekend and we will see what happens, hopefully old big boy will show up
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
we have been passing the small ones for 5 yrs we should have the old big boys this year

Top Bottom