Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

muddy likes snow

muddy

snow = good

buck down......

it's miller time......

31045-cheers2.gif

What?....That is it?.....you need to be more specific before you crack a beer......pics, story etc.........By the way, congrats

Muddy, my buddy, when are you going to let me come up there and experience that wonder that is Iowa?

peace.gif

Buck Down ?? I have a feeling Muddy's gonna show us a dollar bill on the ground with a hole shot through it
doah.gif
Come on Muddy get a picture on here!!

I think the Lil Mudstard lost his compass and can't find his way back from Jackson County. Either that or with all this snowfall he is having a tough time picking up cans on his way back for gas fund.

It must be a button buck or he would show us the pictures!

Just kidding!!!

I can wait a long time!
30571-green1.gif

sorry guys, i had an accident today and had to go the doctor. i was making a push this morning for deadeye when a stick got under my glasses and raked across my eye. i tore a 5 millimeter tear in my cornea and can't see s**t out of my right eye. sorta has my worried as that is my sighting eye. my eye doctor said corneas heal quickly though so i have my fingers crossed. being the total man i am i still took to the field with deadeye and we filled his tag in the afternoon...but that's his story to tell...here's mine....

deadeye had a last minute cancellation and was able to hunt with me sunday. the man is a man...he worked a 12 hour shift and came home and finished the day by staying up for 29 straight hours...thanks for the help deadeye!!

ANYWHOOO...we did some slow pushes and still hunt type drives all morning when we had enough and went to the best place we got...the connected pine groves. yesterday they were gold with all the snow. i told him to sit and i'd do the push like usual. at first it was slow going but things got super cool as i was into deer more often than not and had a group staying just out of range for about 2 hours or so. about 4:15 pm i was about 150 yards from deadeye when i came over a slight rise and noticed movement. about 9 does bust off a little point and stop and look around. shortly after i see a decent buck (for muddy) trot out after them. he got behind some crap and stopped.

let me take you back to the previous morning....i got back in and tried to shoot my gun off....no bang. tried again and again, but no bang. i took my knight apart and on the MK-85's there is a firing pin mechanism that has a spring. well, my spring was in 2 pieces. i called a neighbor and he helped me fix it with a tractor spring baby!!
peace.gif
i took 2 tries for it to go off but it went bang finally.

and now...the rest of the story....
grin.gif

as you know my gun is not in the best shape, the buck hits an opening and i fire...well, i try to fire as my gun doesn't go bang, the spring is smushed down too much. so i ram 'er back and pinch off another shot. WHHAAAA-BOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!
sniper.gif
he's at about 50 yards or so and he takes off like a scalded dog through the snow. i start shaking and realize what actually happened. i reload and walk up to where he stood. nothing. no hair, no blood...nothing.

cussing.gif

i decided to follow his tracks and go over to talk to deadeye. i take about 5 steps and hit blood...lots of blood sprayed all over. and the banana danced.

yay.gif

i followed for about 50 yards and there he was piled up against a tree. he's not super wide but he has great tine length and mass (for a muddy buck). he's a main frame 10 with a busted browtine.

sorry for the length but y'all asked for it. i'm finished for the year now as i can't shoot a bow with my eye buggered up so my final tally:

2 does & 2 bucks & a headshot turkey. not too damn shabby.
waytogo.gif

pics to come as soon as i get some programs reinstalled on my computer. don't hold your breaths.
smashcomp.gif

......and the banana danced.........and the banana put down some cold ones too......right Muddy! Congrats! Can't wait for the pics.
beerchug.gif

When deadeye comes at you with two fingers outstretched like that you're suppose to give him the vertical salute and save yourself.
893smileystooges-thumb[1].gif

I hope you heal fast and I can’t wait to see those pictures.

Top Bottom