Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

muddy likes snow

evil.gif

I thought Muddy liked mud, not snow.
confused.gif

I guess now I have to call you Flakey.
evil.gif

Nice buck and pics Mudster.
waytogo.gif

Nice buck Mudboy. Gotta love hunting bucks in the snow! You had a great season, one you will never forget.
waytogo.gif

Iowa City Sharpshooters have nothin' on ya!Perhaps you should put this "hat " up for auction on Iowa Whitetail.Nice shus'ton sir muddelton.

HiFidelity - anytime you are here i gotta extra stand for ya

Bobcat - i'd never waste a dollar bill by shooting it, my wife's book tuition was over 2 grand this fall!! the pics did turn out good didn't they?? i was more pleased than anyone could imagine.

Pupster - a tease? tease this:
bootyshake.gif

Rudd - thanx for all the help with the pictures, they look phenomenal, i only wish i could've got these pics in before the calendars were printed...talk about a great candidate for the cover!!
wink.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

ironwood - deadeye couldn't get me with the stooge move, i'm too quick for him
893smileystooges-thumb[1].gif

huskerbuck - stay indoors? no way, there's still coyote hunting and shedding coming up this winter!! a little pain ( and in my case this year, a lot of pain) doesn't hurt anyone!!

all4s - glad ya like the pirate pic, it was a good idea, you just gotta love hunting bucks on the ground!!

moosehunter - don't be too impressed, even the sun shines on a dogs butt once in awhile!!

sp69 - a snow globe eh?? hmmmm....maybe that could be the next thing on the iowawhitetail store!!

CentralIowa - there's no way that the snowflakes could've covered my head at the time of the pictuer taking!! it was a bit swollen!!

huskerinbadgerland - snwoball in my face eh?? we'll see, you're going down at the next rendezvous in the euchre game...or at the very least the owl hooting contest. hoo hoo hoo hhoooooooawwwwh!!

OneCam - don't you remember?? i bought the lucky hat AFTER i killed the duck!! thankx for saving me one, it was the best $12 i've ever spent!!

too all the rest, thanks again, i've had an unbelieveable year, unfortunately it's over!! the eye is healing nicely, i can even read the computer screen now!! like 'Bonker said about his deer i feel like the past few deer i've taken in the past couple years are more community deer than anything. i've learned and more and matured more as a hunter in the past 2 years then i ever imagined.

thanks again!!

one last thanks to deadeye, it was a great season for us and i cherish every moment we were in the tree together. too bad that i couldn't rattle in a deer larger than 30 inches for us!! thansk for taking the pics and can't wait for turkey season!!!
31045-cheers2.gif

how about one more look? i finally got my computer running a little smoother.
smashcomp.gif

411LateMuzzle2003-4.JPG

Ok my story - what a weekend. Went to work at 6:30 pm Sat night. Got off at 7am Sunday morning and drove 50 miles to get home. Called Muddy and woke him up. Lets go - he came down and it started snowing when he got to my place. We went out for a walk that am. Didn't have any luck. That evening we decided that we would do some still hunting and pushes. I didn't dress to sit for hours. He was going to walk a couple draws to me. I waited patiently, then started to freeze my butt off. 4 does came by and I thought he was getting close. Nope... Awhile later I finally hear a boom. Then 5 does come bolting by. Didn't shoot because I thought a buck or something wounded may be coming. Nothing. Then I see Muddy grinning ear to ear.

Monday morning I had some extremely bad luck. First doe I shoot at was about 30 yards - second safety on the Knight works well. Then had a shot at a deer in a field and missed by about 6 feet low at under 100 yards. Missed another doe low at under 50 yards. Enough. Went home and grabbed dad's Encore. After running Muddy to the eye doc we went back out. We still hunted side by side for the walk he made the evening before. We got to about 20 yards from where he shot the buck and we saw the first deer. It was a doe. After a short stalk and a long wait for a clear shot the Encore rang out. Yepper - right down the bluff she goes. She was down by the time we ran the 40 yards to the end of the bluff. Thanks to a friend and his 4 wheeler we got her out.

After cleaning my gun dad and I bore sighted it and it was off quite a ways. Will have to investigate and shoot that more. Has a Leupold scope so don't know what happened.

I don't have any battle wounds to show or even a pic as far as that goes. Just some sore muscles and some meat for a friend. Oh yeah and the MEMORIES!!!

Muddy - no problem taking pic's or you to the doc just glad the eye is gonna be ok. Glad we actually got to hunt together again. Thank you for helping get mine out and cutting it up.

Wish I could have been able to hunt more. I had high hopes at bagging a biggen with the smokepole. Did my part taking out a nice doe though. Just have to shed hunt and wait until turkey season.

Muddy: Love the symmetry in that last pic. About as even as you could hope for. Good job! I scratched a cornea out in the field once too and it's the pits trying to navigate back ... was also my shooting eye.

Thanks for your story too, Deadeye. I haven't stuck a scope on the smokepole yet ... guess I trust open sights with two tags filled. Hope to make that three on Saturday.

Threebeards

threebeards - i feel your pain. the doctor said i was lucky cuz it was a straight line tear. at the time i didn't believe him but today i feel 100% better and my sight is probably up to 95%...just a little fuzz on things far away. i'm VERY relieved!!
grin.gif
yippie[1].gif

OneCam - would this be the "lucky ducky" that you're referring too?? if this is the source of my luck then it's going to the tree with me next year!! no wonder splitbrow wanted it back afterwards!
waytogo.gif

411THEDUCK-med.JPG

Would make a good pic for the mounth of January on next years Calender.

Congrats

tineseeker - thanks for the compliment!! worst thing about the pics is that with the snow in there the focus is slightly off on every photo. i found that out when i sent them in to a photo place. i'm REALLY bummed out how they are going to turn out.
frown.gif

Nice buck Muddy... hope you can see in a few days.LOL.....it could have been worse..Congrats on a great deer,

Gritty

Gritty - thanks, my eye is totally healed now. i'm surprised at how quickly it healed, the eyedoctor wasn't lying!! i will be in tip top shape to hunt sheds and turkeys coming up here. maybe have to slip into scheels and get my new huntin' license tomorrow and try some coyotes with the bow sometime in the near future!!

congratulations muddy, thats a great buck!!!! you did way better than i did, i cant seem to hit them unless they are a doe or a coyote!!
blush.gif
great buck again, and i didnt get to hunt the big blizzard, they wouldnt let me in
smile.gif
way to go
applause.gif

one question muddy? did deadeye get as impatient with you as paul did with us, taking the master photos? lol that position looks kind of familiar lol great buck again
applause.gif

yeah, i think so. photo session was cut off due to snow, my dad's lack of patience, and deadeyes fiingers must've been getting cold. now that i see how the pics are turning out i wish i had taken him out the next day and snapped off a bunch more or another couple dozen that night. oh well, photo shop may be able to help.

Top Bottom